• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

X-tra cab on standard cab frame

ToyZuki

Well the project has started. I got an x-cab from paulie and I'm putting it on my crawler. I've got every thing unbolted and unwired just waiting to get a few people drunk enought to do some lifting.
Before
1632918641_ORIG.jpg

DSC01709.jpg

Tear down started but still running
DSC02026.jpg

DSC02021.jpg

DSC02022.jpg

DSC02023.jpg

DSC02024.jpg

DSC02025.jpg

DSC02028.jpg

DSC02029.jpg

Now its unwired and ready to lift off. I need to do some mods to the x-cab for the 3rd shifter and remove the doors fenders and hood (so its lighter) and then I'll be ready to start the lifting :wink:
DSC02030.jpg

DSC02031.jpg

I'm hoping to get some garage time tomorrow to work on the new cab so I can move forward.

Last edited:
Technically, I think he needs to move more than one :flipoff:

I dont think the bed will work with an extra cab either?

~T.J.

I'know about the rear mounts and I've been told that I have to notch the cab out to avoid a body lift. The beds not going back on I've got plans for a flat bed and exo cage. There should be enough room in the bed for my toolbox and an ice chest:beer: and a jerry can

Well more progress today thanx to BigBoysToys and his two brother in laws and OffRoadTweedy and his brother. We started the day around 10AM and finished around 8:30 PM. First we put on the tiny tires so we wouldnt have to lift as high, removed the bed, Dug some holes to drop the little tires in and lifted the cab off. At that point We decided to go ahead and throw the other cab on. It doesnt quite fit right yet, still needs alittle trimming. After that we rolled it back in the garage and started bolting things down underneath and in the engine bay. After about 6 hours of 4 guys working on different things I have no idea where it stands. I know that there is alot left but I never imagined it would get this far today. I took pics up until removing the cab and the camera card was full. I'll get current pics tomorrow.
DSC02036.jpg

DSC02037.jpg

DSC02038.jpg

The new cab

DSC02039.jpg

DSC02040.jpg

The only shot of my crew before the camera quit

DSC02043.jpg

Sorry I've been on your side of the mountains with no internet for the last two days for the NickleBack concert.Pmed you I'm using it on the rollover in the background of the pics.

Well I spent 16 hours in the garage yesterday. The cab is mounted. I swapped the complete wiring harness from the standard cab. Dash is back in,stereo is wired for the amps, fenders are on, mounted and wired the front LED's, and it runs. For some reason every thing works exept the heater fan. The relay clicks but has no power. I'll post up pics tonight.

Waz up ****er. Lookin' pretty good, somebody has way to much time on his hands :flipoff: . Finally got my bed welded up and bent the side tubes, need to weld them on next then work my way up. Gitt'in the stainless fuel cell welded tomarrow then I'll post pics. The wife is leaving tonight for Cali :clappy: but she's takin' the truck :booo: so I cant bring you those parts fo a while. We don't have any DOM tubing at work. I'll have to grab the rest of the steel from work when she gets back. Some square stuff and some round, different sizes. I got some sealed switches, breakers, relays and a bunch of other electrical parts for you though. Anyway keep up the good work, I'm going as fast as the wife will let me go on mine. I'll give you a holler this weekend. NICE JACK DON'T KNOW WHERE I'VE SEEN THAT BEFORE :D .

Last edited: