• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

x

Re: 555 repair report

not trying to be a **** or anything wyatt but you need some seat time / testing with that thing in some big technical rocks before KOH. I'm certain you've got the jumping/speed stuff down. that thing just sits a bit high and I don't want to see you guys go out there and roll in the slow technical stuff and screw something up or not be able to finish. from what I've seen of the hammers there's quite a few technical climbs/falls that you'll need to know how much your rig can do, and I could be wrong but i don't think you've done much of that type wheelin with that rig and the setup you've got on it. Have you?

Wyatt you are an underdog in the race, one of the few rookie teams to make it in. I imagine there will be a lot of people watching to see how you do against the best of the best. My only suggestion is that YOU need to practice driving not just at speed, but on rocks as well. How long have you run your rig without turning it off? If the course is 75 miles that is 4+ hours of driving without stopping if you have no problems. You need to put your buggy through situations like that before you ever reach the lake bed. You are not going to be able to blast through the rock sections like you did in XRRA, the rock sections will be much slower and technical and having the ability to pick good lines is key. You have not owned that rig for very long and you have had it out a hanfull of times. Projects always last longer and you always find more **** to replace, make sure you give yourself ample time to run your rig HARD in race like conditions. That is my .02 because I can see this thing ending up last minute Kelly working on it in the trailer while you drive.

InDaShop said:
RIde height will be 2" lower, track width will be 3" wider

It won't be the same rig - hopefully better but you won't know till you try it

Hurry up and get it done! I'd love to help you guys test in any way I can

You need to get this thing to any place near you that has big rocks. Trees, Katemcy, Clayton, etc. There will be lots of distractions on the lake bed and only 3-4 days to get it right

I agree, even though we will get out there "early" we will all have such a huge learning curve to work on compared to 80-90% of the people there that TIME will be of the upmost importance. Those few days prior to the LCQ/Race will be all business... we have to learn so much in that time its stupid.

felt like about 50/100ths of a second to me. that thing idled highish, but to get it to the next notch, just a slight tap got it to ramp up 400 rpm or so, it stayed there for 4-5 seconds, then dropped back down to idle. there was no modulated control, it was on the high or low idle circuit. the only thing that throttle was good for was wide open. I'm excited to drive it slow with the new TB. might be able to control it without pushing the brake pedal off.

Katemcy and Clayton for testing. If you can ride 18 hours per day, at night, as fast as you can, drinkin Stuns, you got KOH on lockdown.

Seriously though, like I said before, if you handle those places at a fast pace, you can handle JV.

Latest posts