• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

x

Re: Hunting a Trailer

InDaShop said:
Dang DG that thing is badass! One day, when I'm rollin' nolen money I'll swing one...... :afro:

Thought about it a bunch today. I'm 90% sure I'm going to go the route outlined. Flatbed, and a gooseneck. Up in the air on tires and wheels. Truck rides like a Cadillac now on 35" BFG's, the wifes tahoe ride like a dream on 22's and rubber bands. So 22.5's and a stiff ass sidewalled big rig tire with near zero air should be good, and hopefully not too rough. :dunno:

They are going to ride rough as **** Wyatt, you can count on that one. Your truck rides good now because you have small wheels and big ballon tires. My mega cab had the same setup and it rode pimp as hell. Big wheels and small tires = bad ride. Your truck will be bad as hell with this setup though, should be cool. Send me some money if you have any left over :flipoff1:

**** is ruff my current truck with 17's and 265's is ruff as hell. My Mega Cab was not lifted and rode on 315's and 17" wheels, rode like a car. My current truck rides better with weight on it towing. When you throw your lift in the mix I am sure it will beat you to hell, especially with the stiff semi tires

Don't do the 22.5's. Get some 19.5's. You will be much happier with the added sidewall and they are much lighter.

Your Chevy will ride better than the Dodge comparison that Matt is throwing down, but not by much.

Add a trailer and it will ride great. Unloaded it will be rough, but you are not driving this truck unloaded are you? If you go with a flatbed and fill it with tools then it will ride better as well.

I think Brian Cole had to have his tires trued because they rode like ****. He has the 22.5's with 18wheeler tires.
I have rode in it and it was fairly noticeable but not that bad. I am sorta used to trucks riding like crap though. I did daily drive a truck on 42's for a while.

Cole said:
I think Brian Cole had to have his tires trued because they rode like ****. He has the 22.5's with 18wheeler tires.
I have rode in it and it was fairly noticeable but not that bad. I am sorta used to trucks riding like crap though. I did daily drive a truck on 42's for a while.

Cole was a mud whompin sum bitch with 42's on his DD CTD. I can totally see cole in a street cruiser on 42's. I bet it had a triple tube chrome roll bar in the bed with 5 KC's on it with the daylighter covers.....

I don't know how much air he runs, but I contacted Alan (Youngbuck) on here so hopefully he will chime in and answer some questions.

InDaShop said:
I've got two goals tomorrow ontop of my day job.
#1 Highest flow TC pump available
#2 Figure out details and logistics of getting a flatbed ordered and put on. Going with the BW unless they cant make a shortbed dually, or its Nolen money expensive.

Howe has the baddest pump out from what I have been told. It has a huge as price tag on it though. It is there Trophy truck pump.

dont be gettin weak...you get what you pay for... 22.5s are a rape... it has nothing to do with the stiff side wall with the ride quality...the ride quality comes from how much dollas you want to throw at a set of tires...the best as far as riding are michellin's... with these tires this is no bs we put a set of on a truck and it rode better than stock....smooth as silk...i know people have opinions about big wheels but my opinion with the good tires you cannot beat'em...oh and yeah the tires will last longer than the truck thats thew..its hard too look pimp and have qualtiy at the same time but this is an awesome investment in my book... if you have any q's i will helpout the best i can...

My truck rides like **** on 19.5s, most of that is due to the lack of rear suspension though. When I hit a bump, the front soaks it, when the rear hits, it'll jar your teeth. I plan to bag the rear to solve this problem. A friend of mine has a 99 350 on 22.5s, I think it rides better than my truck.

Hmmmmmm.......the more I think about it a zero percent loan with all the rebates and you can steal a new single wheel 2500HD right now.......

Yeah they are giving away diesel trucks now. It all depends on what YOU want in the end. I kick myself for selling my Dmax to Joe. If I had it over I would of kept it and bought a nice used Lexus or BMW for DD duties and work functions. The Mega Cab was stupid and I am now driving a gas truck that rides like ass for a DD and work car. If you want to save money on fuel get a car and keep your Dmax since it is paid off and is pretty low mileage for a truck that old. Pimp it out and rock on. Only thing that worries me on the 1st gen Dmaxes is the damn injectors going out on you

Latest posts