• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

XP cage build

leeman1790

I got a '13 XP at the end of May. I've been having a hell of a time with it, but the time has come for the stock cage to go bye bye. It's going to be .120 1 3/4" using HREW tube. I have only bent the passenger side b-pillar so far, but should make some good progress over the next week. I got a cage building kit from wide open design. It came with b pillar mount plates, rear radius arm plate and 2 a pillar tube disconnects. I'm going to build off the stock a-pillar points for now and redo those in the future. They neck down alot, I don't like how that looks. Now for a few pictures

Probably could of washed it before I started...

Bent a couple tubes last night. I have some help to hold stuff coming over this afternoon, hope to make a lot of progress.

Tail light tubes will end up being like this..except notched and welded.

I moved the windshield tubes closer together in this picture and tacked. That's permanent.

My phone died last night, but I added a couple more tubes. I'm going to add 2 more tonight and weld it up and go ride bare metal this weekend.

What is the going rate on powder coating a cage of this size?? A guy I work with has someone in his family who has a powder coating shop, so hopefully I can get a somewhat decent price...but I wouldn't even know what a decent price is ??? ???

i had mine done at prattville powder coating for 200. that included front and rear bumpers and my cage has door bars too

Well I was supposed to have it on for this past weekend, but I managed to screw up the passenger b-pillar to where that sob would not even come close to bolting up so now I'm going to spend a couple nights this week fixing that. :wtflol: :wtflol:
Here's how it sat before I realized I messed up somewhere during removal and welding.

I finally got the RZR mostly finished and where I want it. Super ATV a-arms, 30's, doors, harnesses and a roof in the works and painted cage. :dblthumb:

Now time to get it dirty