• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

XP vs maverick

COPPERHEAD42

Here is a video of a XP and maverick trying the same hill's minutes from each other. The XP does have 2 riders and the maverick does have better tires (both bighorns, mavericks are brand new though) . But even with that said in these conditions (muddy, wet) the maverick had alot more low end and was able to really jump up on the climbs and it also seemed like the suspension was better to bomb into the climbs. Now on a dry day when the XP's are going vertical on stupid stupid climbs, will the maverick be able to do just as good, that I dont know. Both are great machines though.
http://youtu.be/l4lLLdBiRzA

nice video! i leaning towards buying maverick myself, rzrs make the most gawdawefull noises all the time in these videos also

I've had both, love the Maverick so far
unahanu2.jpg

awesum, i didnt know if i would like the viscu lock or whatever they call it, how does it compare to locking front end that is instant not so many spins?

I like the mav alright... seem to be well constructed and stouter but i dont have any first hand experience with them other than looking at em.. Rzrs just seem like they werent that thought out when they were built

thats what i think, can-am is going to be as stout as you could buy, just gotta put up with the funky locking front end. rzr's always make the worst noises when we out wheeling, plus **** breaking all time when getting beat on. dont wanna pay 16g for sumthing that requires constant fixing, i could buy another buggy for that reason

twiztedzuki said:
awesum, i didnt know if i would like the viscu lock or whatever they call it, how does it compare to locking front end that is instant not so many spins?
The Commander Unlimited has a quick engage front end. It's a 1/4 turn locker that works very well and I will be putting one in my bike soon.

The Maverick is like the new kid on the block, has all the attention at first and everyone thinks he/she is the ****, as time wears on, its nothing new, just another one in the group, We will see how long the excitement last....So far looks like a pretty nice ride though, Id hate to drop 16k and have to replace a front diff though, Visco lock sux :****: Both machines have there pros and cons like anything. Let the reviews begin! I wanna see that high speed handling comparison that was mentioned though, especially high speed turns

Re: Re: Re: XP vs maverick

nateb83 said:
The Maverick is like the new kid on the block, has all the attention at first and everyone thinks he/she is the ****, as time wears on, its nothing new, just another one in the group, We will see how long the excitement last....So far looks like a pretty nice ride though, Id hate to drop 16k and have to replace a front diff though, Visco lock sux :****: Both machines have there pros and cons like anything. Let the reviews begin! I wanna see that high speed handling comparison that was mentioned though, especially high speed turns

Since xps never break front diffs :) lol

if im posting im bored

maverick does good in high speed turns. it is diffrent than the xp but im lking mine so far and they seem to be doing good in worcs and in gncc..