• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

YJ 350 swap radiator

tonybolton

Bypass Crawler
The magic dust I put in my leaky radiator has lasted 2 trips and has started leaking again.....not bad, but I don't wanna be that guy on the trail with a glued together radiator.

Before I hit up Summit / Jegs....anyone have any recommendations or other sources for a good aluminum YJ 350 swap radiator(NOT an LS series, just a 5.7 Vortec).

I saw these....but I've never really dealt with radiators before. May also be looking into a good "combo" with a fan and shroud to replace the hacked up Taurus fan that cut my fingers off last year. We're not friends. :)

http://www.jegs.com/i/Champion+Cooling+Systems/166/EC1919/10002/-1?CAWELAID=230006180001013736&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=15769068431&CATCI=aud-224375369591:pla-207786779351&ref=paid&brand=&channel=Shopping&gclid=CMr5l5H8wNICFUFrfgodTEEC_g

https://www.amazon.com/Champion-Cooling-Wrangler-Config-Radiator/dp/B0051QNT6K

I have one out of my old YJ. It was bought from off-road connection. It is not aluminum. But always kept my tree fidy cool.
$100 it's yours if you want it. I know price has effect on your decisions...

Re:

I bought an LS swap radiator from Superior with the fan and shroud and really like it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Scratch my offer. I put a hole in it. It was like 3 weeks old, so i decided to build a buggy.

Re: Re:

onepieceatatime said:
I bought an LS swap radiator from Superior with the fan and shroud and really like it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
This is what I ended up with. I saw some cheaper ones on eBay with no fan shroud but they were made in China stuff.

I made this guy an offer and he took it today so guess it'll be here in about a week.

653c76f70919fb546ddbc65577216cdb.jpg

Re: Re:

tonybolton said:
This is what I ended up with. I saw some cheaper ones on eBay with no fan shroud but they were made in China stuff.

I made this guy an offer and he took it today so guess it'll be here in about a week.

You'll be way happier with that all in one radiator, fan, and shroud setup. After having to piece all those parts together individually for my old SBC swapped CJ7, I swore I'd go this route if it ever came up again.

Re: Re: Re:

ridered3 said:
You'll be way happier with that all in one radiator, fan, and shroud setup. After having to piece all those parts together individually for my old SBC swapped CJ7, I swore I'd go this route if it ever came up again.
That's what I kept telling myself.

tonybolton said:
Can I jus rtv it up or jus leave it open then?

(((Jus kidding)))

I figured it was fan related just seemed rather large for that. Thanks.
A lot of temp senders are 3/8 npt.

Just put your finger in it..........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: YJ 350 swap radiator

TBItoy said:
Metric !

Is it a pipe thread ? Did you not get any documentation with the rad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No paperwork ....I've contacted the seller about it.

Trans line holes measure out to 7/16.