• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

YJ springs on Samurai

What are you running for YJ leafs in your sami?

• Fronts in stock form

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • fronts with leaf(s) removed

• rears in stock form

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • rears with leaf(s) removed

• fronts and rears in stock form

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • fronts and rears with leaf(s) removed

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Boobies and pizza (washed down with beer of course)

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Fordzuki

Zuk Hoarder
For those that are running YJ leafs on your Samurai, are you using fronts, backs, both? Have you stripped any leafs out?

I believe one has be stripped out of my pack and replaced...however it is vague in my forgetful mind...I would be willing to guess mike put it in the "secret squirrel" project thread in the garage area.

I believe one has be stripped out of my pack and replaced...however it is vague in my forgetful mind...I would be willing to guess mike put it in the "secret squirrel" project thread in the garage area.

Looks like 4 leafs so there were two stripped from a 6 leaf pack?

How do you like it?

My '88 Tintop I just recently RE-acquired (long story---don't ask...) has stock 5 leafers up front and stock 4 leafers in back and it flexes out nicely!!! I haven't wheeled this one, but ran it around some in the yard---keep an eye out for it in the for sale section when finished (approx 2 weeks...) I'll post a few pics in the garage as I work on it....

My '88 Tintop I just recently RE-acquired (long story---don't ask...) has stock 5 leafers up front and stock 4 leafers in back and it flexes out nicely!!! I haven't wheeled this one, but ran it around some in the yard---keep an eye out for it in the for sale section when finished (approx 2 weeks...) I'll post a few pics in the garage as I work on it....

I was under the impression that stock was 6 and 7 leafs? :eeek:
A buddy of mine has the trailtough kit and both front and rears are 6 leaf. I assume they are fronts (on a YJ)

I voted for boobies and pizza cause I havent done it yet, but good thread. This is the next mod for the sami with toyota axles so I could use the info also.

Please include if you're running a winch with your front spring set-up.

I have one set that is 4 and 5 pack. The one on my samurai now is 5 in the front and six in the back. Still a project so I can't tell you how I like it or if its enough up front.

lowrangeoffroad.com has new six packs for 75.00 each but says that they recommend pulling the bottom spring out to make it a 5 pack.

http://lowrangeoffroad.com/samsuspkits.htm

A buddy of mine has the trailtough kit and both front and rears are 6 leaf. I assume they are fronts (on a YJ)

I think the 6 and 7 leaf is for waggys not yjs. Yjs are 4 rear 5 front.

Nope, the ones I put on the tintop came right out of a stock YJ...fronts are 5leaf, rears are the 4 leaf....
It's likely that TT's are custom made YJ width springs....

ive run yj's front and back on my zuke for about 5 years.
5 leafs on front and 4 leafs on back.
Ive had issues with axle wrap so i put in a torque/traction bar in back,seemed to fix my issues.I buggied the rear end,gave me wicked flex.
I think there a bit to soft,but my zuke has a wgged out pinto engine in it.Kinda of a heavy motor for a zuke.

If I remember correctly, mine are 4 leaf rears, and 5 leaf fronts, but a leaf removed out of the front. Had some issues with being too tall and steep driveline angles when first installed.

It's subject to change while moto is molesting the rig now, though.

ive run yj's front and back on my zuke for about 5 years.
5 leafs on front and 4 leafs on back.
Ive had issues with axle wrap so i put in a torque/traction bar in back,seemed to fix my issues.I buggied the rear end,gave me wicked flex.
I think there a bit to soft,but my zuke has a wgged out pinto engine in it.Kinda of a heavy motor for a zuke.

2.3 liter?

I'm running 4 up front and 5 in the rear with a traction arm in the rear.They are the Rubicon Express springs from Trail Tough.

2.3 liter?
yes 2.3lblock with 2.0l head,somthing i tried to just get massive torque and it worked.I shaved the head down to get 13:1 compression run it on the pane.
Im getting ready to start a rebuild thread soon.Ive picked up the 881/2 head that a roller cam set up.I may try this with a small turbo charger,with much much lower compression.Stay tuned i may need advice.Sorry highjack off.

I'm running 4 in the front and 5 in the rear. it sags to the rear just a bit. I really like the ride but have only had it in the trail 3 times.

Latest posts