• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

YJ Wagoneer Spring Setup Question

slednecks1124

Getting ready to get rid to yard the stock front YJ springs on my jeep & replace them with some wagoneer springs. After some reading around on the net I have heard some have had to relocate their steering box. Anybody have this issue? I would like to hear problems or things you ran into:awesomework:

My jeep is SOA and I am currently running stock sterring set up (not hi steer)

I have seen lots of YJs with Waggy front springs and stock steering boxes. The center pin is offset about 2" and with crossover the difference is no big deal.

They also sell a convertion tie rod set up that helps with that and gets rid of any bumpsteer you may have.

The front end will have a steep angle at the shackle end. I would move it foward an inch or more. Bump steer is tolarable, but run a high steer if you can. What axle are you running? Parts Mike also makes a steering box bracket that moves the steering box forward one inch. Those springs usually give you about an inch and a half of lift because they are rated to hold the weight of a V8. Just my 2 cents. :D

The front end will have a steep angle at the shackle end. I would move it foward an inch or more. Bump steer is tolarable, but run a high steer if you can. What axle are you running? Parts Mike also makes a steering box bracket that moves the steering box forward one inch. Those springs usually give you about an inch and a half of lift because they are rated to hold the weight of a V8. Just my 2 cents. :D

I will eventually switch to crossover steering but funds are limited now as my wife is getting ready to go back to school and will not be able to bring in an income :looser: Im running d30 front right now, I really wish i had the money right now to switch to some one tons but that will have to hold off for a bit.

Last edited: