• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Yokes and drivelines

Pat

Strap and bolt method seems to work fine for road driving and light wheeling but obviously is NOT up to the task of rock crawling.

So I will be upgrading but I was looking for input from others on what is best. I have Dana 44s with 1330 joints and all the angles are good.

U-bolt yokes- this is the route I am planning to go. Does anyone know what vehicles would have came with D44 u-bolt yoke, instead of the strap type? *Just trying to be cheap and get junk from pull a part*:redneck:

I also am considering using Toyota flanges, has anyone done this with a Dana axle? And what parts to use?

Also looking for opinions from others on u-joint size- 1310, 1330, 1350, etc. Is it just a tradeoff between strength and tolerable angles? What works for your setup and why?

Thanks for the link. That is basically what I was planning to get. I'm wondering if there was ever an OEM application for that (u-bolt) style yoke?

not likely on a D44. Go to the junkyard and take a look around, or just buy some new ones from randys

Give Rich at Driveline svc a call, he might even have something used that'll work for you... wouldn't a front chev 44 yoke work? I'm not sure if it would, but they did come with u-bolt style yokes....

wouldn't a front chev 44 yoke work? I'm not sure if it would, but they did come with u-bolt style yokes....

Thanks that is the info I needed, save me from crawling under dozens of trucks searching. I will go grab a few of these from the junkyard. Mabey a spare driveline also then go see Rich for machining and balancing.