• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Yota lift questions

Nererupright

Okay, so if I move my rear springs on my 80 Yota to the front and do the chevy's in the rear along with my 1 1/2" shackle lift on both, will I 1) be level front and rear, and 2) have enough lift to do my trail ready crossover conversion? If not what do I need to do to correct either problem?

Oh, and I know that I need to move both the spring hangers forward.

Well i used my 1.5 lift shackles and 63 chev springs in the rear and this is the height i got. I havent got the rear springs up front yet but im hoping to get them in soon.

Attachments

• 4 runner build 026.jpg
    4 runner build 026.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 121
Is putting the toy rears up front really that much better than say buying 3" or 4" lift front springs? How much lift do you get out of putting the rears up front??

zig80toy said:
Is putting the toy rears up front really that much better than say buying 3" or 4" lift front springs? How much lift do you get out of putting the rears up front??

IIRC one of the big upsides to rears in the front are quite a bit longer springs.

zig80toy said:
look at my build up in the garage section(nothing fancy). i used the rears upfront. you need to mix two sets of leafs. i have six leafs in the front and they are super soft and flex awesome. i didnt have bumpstops at first but had to put them on because the springs would flex up high enough to catch my pitman arm,or slam my steering links into the bottom of the frame.
as far as high steer there is plenty lift to run it. my truck had a 3" body lift and 4" IFS lift before SAS. i still have 3.5" lift blocks in the rear and the front is at least 1-2 inches taller then the back. i am running 35" boggers 14.5 wide and they only rub on my shock a little and have stuffed all the way up into the wheel well. also running rears upfront will move the front axle forward due to the offset center pin on the springs. this is good my front tires are right there grabbing any obstacle. also be ready to lengthen driveline i ended up going square it was cheap and plenty of travel. im not to sure about the chevy springs i havent ran them yet. hope this helps some:beer:

I believe 1.5" total length, but the centering pin is 2-2.5" futher forward. I used Skys boomerang shackles and left the front hangar alone.

Brent

83yota said:
I believe 1.5" total length, but the centering pin is 2-2.5" futher forward. I used Skys boomerang shackles and left the front hangar alone.

Brent

Thanks, and yeah, those shackles sound like a good idea.

So did you mix two rear spring packs to make the pair for the front or did you mix rears and "other" random springs?

i used two sets of rears one was from a 4x4 one set from a 2wd. just lay them out and mix the leafs in according to size. i also needed longer center pin.