• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Zj lift kit

If you want cheap the rough country 3.5 actually gives you about 4" and always get the V8 kit, it comes with a spacer. I'm putting on the 3rd one I've got from them this weekend. I upgrade the front track bar though as I don't like drilling a second hole. I'm adding a 1.5" spacer up front and using the 3/4" that comes with it out back for about 5" and it actually rides decent. Or at least the last one I did was. I can post up pics after I finish this weekend if you like.

xjmarc said:
If you want cheap the rough country 3.5 actually gives you about 4" and always get the V8 kit, it comes with a spacer. I'm putting on the 3rd one I've got from them this weekend. I upgrade the front track bar though as I don't like drilling a second hole. I'm adding a 1.5" spacer up front and using the 3/4" that comes with it out back for about 5" and it actually rides decent. Or at least the last one I did was. I can post up pics after I finish this weekend if you like.

Post a couple pics if you don't mind. This Jeep will only be a daily mall crawler. No off-road action.

Hoping to do it this weekend and I'll take some pics. Here is the 3.5 kit, closer to 4" that I did on one a couple of years ago. Bumper fit but we took it off to build a steel one. Those are 31s. Oddly enough that one is a 96 as well.
754309662d66e8d516d4e85dbd7d0d76.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

And one important thing, check the front drive shaft at the axle. Some came with CVs instead of a u joint and they don't like lifts over about 3" and tend to wear fast at steep angles. It can always be swapped to the u joint type if it's an issue. One that only sees pavement may be fine.

Y'all making me miss my old zj.

I ran a rubicon express short arm 4" up front

Old man emu 4rumner 2.5" lift leafs out back.

3b1217ad0ff1fd7b7d99426679303f41.jpg
cc4effac77917730fe24704ad7268507.jpg
488355cd9d4523358f3c617d6edffe8d.jpg

Iron rock Offroad makes some great stuff but isn't cheap by any means. I run their long arm kit on my zj buggy, they are kinda the zj experts,that's their bread and butter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I need to get a set of front arms and trac bars for mine. It has the 3.5 inch Rusty's basic kit on it. Then I added rear arms to move the rear axle back to the center of the wheel opening.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

grcthird said:
I need to get a set of front arms and trac bars for mine. It has the 3.5 inch Rusty's basic kit on it. Then I added rear arms to move the rear axle back to the center of the wheel opening.

What arms did you add on the rear? I'd like to have mine centered up

My first vehicle was a 93 zj that we lifted and slammed some big ol 32" Maxxis buckshots on. Man that thing was fun. Took beating after beating. Good memories in that steaming pile o' ****.

Im leanings towards the rough country. I've got that lift on my other grand Cherokee. I was hoping someone had had a hook up. :JRich: just trying to save a dollar

Re: Re: Zj lift kit

June dog said:
What arms did you add on the rear? I'd like to have mine centered up
Bought some fixed length lowers, no idea what brand, off a kid in a zj group on FB. Uppers are Rusty's adjustable.