• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Yota's under sammy

There are pro/cons to every suspension set up. Just depends on what you want it to do.

My thought has always been to wheel with other like veh. (in this case sami's) and see what works and what doesn't. Talk to the people you are wheeling with and see how they like their set up.

Just because a suspension flex is crazy, it may not be for you. You may not like body damage/roll overs and such. Maybe you need to drive yours to work on Monday. There are a lot of factors that are involved. I know I have been there and done that. I have installed just about every suspension set up short of going coils.

In my situation, YJ's, sprung over gives me the best ride. I can drive to the trail and home again, then to work on Monday if need be.

Find what works for you and you'll be happy.

Good luck

Well Thursday I will be able to get tabs and then drive it more then around the house and get it out to do some wheeling, Evans most likely, and then go from there. It is my first sammy and I know I have a bit to learn about them. What I want this to be able to do is drive to the trail, wheel, drive home, and drive to work or around town if I feel like it. Body damage is kinda part of the deal with wheeling and I know that, but I do not plan on slamming the body on **** just because. I plan to play around with it a bunch and find out what I like just like all rigs.:awesomework:

Ok so I was getting into the dash to try and fix the heater when I found a little switch. When I hit the switch with the rig running the sensor light in the dash goes away. What the hell is this thing? I am thinking that someone just added it to the rig. It was just behind the lower dash panel to the right side.

It is an emissions reminder switch. Reminds you to check your emissions equip. under the hood. EGR valve and such. Sliding the switch just resets it. Nothing to worry about.:D

Yup, it should come on every 50k miles. The light was on on mine when I got it, swapped motors (new O2 sensor) and it went to flashing. I read about the switch, flipped it, and the lights been off ever since. :cool:

It is an emissions reminder switch. Reminds you to check your emissions equip. under the hood. EGR valve and such. Sliding the switch just resets it. Nothing to worry about.:D

Yup, it should come on every 50k miles. The light was on on mine when I got it, swapped motors (new O2 sensor) and it went to flashing. I read about the switch, flipped it, and the lights been off ever since. :cool:

X3!!! Suzuki's diagnostic tool of the century!!!:redneck:

Ok cool it was a little odd but that makes sense. This motor really is just about done. It will not keep up with traffic on I-5 or 167. As soon as you put a hill in front of it it falls on its face. In town it is not soo bad. It will be getting a bigger motor at some point I just hope its not too far down the road. I have a guy at work with two running 4.3 chevs, one is a TBI and the other is a vortec. Was kinda thinking this would be a good deal cause he only wants $600 for both rigs. I am just not to sure about a motor that big in a rig that small.

I would stick to a 1.6 conversion. I have seen a couple of 4.3 stuffed into sami's, and although it looks cool and has awsome power. For trail use it was just not effecient. Heavy motor, used way to much gas, rear driveline was about 12" long, etc.....:rolleyes:

If you want to dd and trail use I would recommend a 1.6 conversion. If you are into mud bogs and sand drags type of thing, then go a head and do 4.3 conversion.

I can tell you 1.6 is sweet, more power, very little needs to be done to your rig to make it work, and still great on gas.

X2 on the 1.6L for a DD'd rig, or if you can find one cheap enough a 2.0 out of a Grand Vitara is another cool swap...more work though. I'd err on the advise of JKZ and go 1.6L (8 or 16V)...my .o2$

Okey so 1.6 it is. At this moment I am pretty broke with the wedding planning and the kid almost here (April) and the normal bills I am kinda permabroke. But I will try for a few weekends to cover the play stuff. Also is it legal to drive without doors on the street with the sammy? I have been told both ways. I dont really want to go out doorless then get busted and head home for the doors.

Depends on the officer who pulled you over. I think I read/heard something that there has to be 4" from the floor pan to the bottom of the opening???? Also, you will need a driver side mirror.

Chances are they will not pull you over for not having doors, there is usually something else that catches their eye (no mirror, trash falling out of veh., tires sticking out, speeding, lights....you get the idea).

I have driven around the puyallup area with no problems, however I feel safer with my half doors. Punk a-- kids:puke: throw s*#t and try and hit you with it or get it in the rig somehow.

Also, it is not to fun to drive down the freeway with no doors:booo:

Depends on the officer who pulled you over. I think I read/heard something that there has to be 4" from the floor pan to the bottom of the opening???? Also, you will need a driver side mirror.

Chances are they will not pull you over for not having doors, there is usually something else that catches their eye (no mirror, trash falling out of veh., tires sticking out, speeding, lights....you get the idea).

I have driven around the puyallup area with no problems, however I feel safer with my half doors. Punk a-- kids:puke: throw s*#t and try and hit you with it or get it in the rig somehow.

Also, it is not to fun to drive down the freeway with no doors:booo:

Well I moved the mirror already and all lights work. Tires are kinda on the edge. I dont really mind freeways with no doors but this wont be on them much and when it is it will be for short shots.

Well I moved the mirror already and all lights work. Tires are kinda on the edge. I dont really mind freeways with no doors but this wont be on them much and when it is it will be for short shots.

They've always left me alone when I run with the doors off--knocks on wood--just don't have anything that can fall or fly out, and move the mirrors like you've done. Sami's are the most comfortable with the top down and the doors off if yer taller than 5'8":D

They've always left me alone when I run with the doors off--knocks on wood--just don't have anything that can fall or fly out, and move the mirrors like you've done. Sami's are the most comfortable with the top down and the doors off if yer taller than 5'8":D

Ya if I have the doors on I have to lean in to the center cause my arm pushes on the door. It nice with the top and doors off.

You need half doors!

Was thinking tube doors would be nice.

Ok so I have had some time on my hands here at work to think about **** and was thinking what is the wheel base of a flat fender? I was for some reason thinking it would be cool to put that body on the Sammy frame and link the front end. I was also thinking maybe just build a frame and put the flatty body on that then build it overkill style; 2.5 tons, big block, 4wheel steer, 44"+ tires stuff like that. I kinda want a big ass rough and tumble type of rig.

Big boys always want big toys.....and about the thinking part...so much easier to do it without thinking first....just comes together with so much more grace!