Your rig's audio system and audio question

Ready to rock!!! :eat: :eat: :eat:

Just gettin' started on the install
2012-11-09_23-27-40_145.jpg

Mounted amp
Resampled_2012-11-10_17-47-35_648.jpg

Everything wired and passenger speaker mounted
2012-11-10_18-25-11_430.jpg

Audio system complete and sounds awesome! Got about $170 in all of it.
Resampled_2012-11-11_18-53-11_781.jpg

Short vid
Infinity 6x9 marine speakers, Pyle 400 watt amp.

Got a pioneer CD player from a buddy on trade with a set of new Pioneer speakers that fit in the dash of the yota. Had a big ass Pioneer amp on the shelf that I was originally going to install in my buddy's wakeboard boat, and a set of Sony xplode speakers that I installed in the Xcab where the speaker cut outs are. Threw in an XM reciever I had laying around as well right before a weekend ride when they had the free trial thing going on. Sounds ok but needs maybe a 8" bazooka tube.

I neeeeed mooorrrrrreeeeee room! Would love to have a couple slim 10's behind the seats but I gotta have room for other ****.

Hell I had an 89 reg cab 2wd yota with 3 amps, 2 10's, 2 6x9's, 2 6 1/2's and dash speakers when I was in my early 20's. And it rocked the fawk out! loller.gif Couldn't move inside it, but had some tunes. :dblthumb:

I miss that truck and would like to choke the sumbitch that stole it. :mad:

sorry about bumping a super old thread but does this setup require an antenna to pick up radio stations?

mdo817 said:
JD while doing a little looking to replace the old stereo in my boat I ran across this for under $100, it seem it would work good in a trail rig also.
It will fit in a 3" guage hole in the dash, still have not purchased one but plan on it.
MILPRV15.jpg

MILLENIA PRV15 AM / FM / USB 4X40 WATT GAUGE STYLE DISPLAY

Marine USB/MP3 player
Radio AM,FM receiver, Aux-in at the back
4*40W output
Rubber Tactile Action Control Buttons
Meets Astm b117SALT/Fog Exposure Standard
High Definition Positive LCD Display
Bright White LED illumination
Rubber Tactile Action Control Buttons

zjtrey said:
sorry about bumping a super old thread but does this setup require an antenna to pick up radio stations?
Yes and it comes with one! Don't get it if you plan to ride and listen to it won't get very loud!

Or any marine amp that has badass output specs and buy a $5 mp3 to RCA cord like my setup. Probably be cheaper than the higher dollar full units. Only thing I wished mine had was Bluetooth so I didn't always have to leave my phone in the rig if stopped and I wanted to get out and take a pic. The Bluetooth/mp3/marine full units are pricey, but one of those things that you'll be glad you bought after you drop the coin.

Re: Re: Re: Your rig's audio system and audio question

TacomaJD said:
I didn't always have to leave my phone in the rig if stopped and I wanted to get out and take a pic.

Why not just take it with you, you don't have a gayzer... yet...No need to blare tunes if you're not driving

Re: Re: Re: Your rig's audio system and audio question

Rokcrler said:
Why not just take it with you, you don't have a gayzer... yet...No need to blare tunes if you're not driving

Bc I like to keep the party going! No gayzer, but I am gonna buy a quad! Grizzly 700 probably....and it will have a stereo so I can be loud and obnoxious :flipoff1: Super cheap alternative to still get my offroad fix.

@TacomaJD... How's that Pyle amp holding up? We put one in my brothers CJ a few weeks back, iPod/RCA cable feeding JVC 6x9 (rear) & 5.25" (front).
Honestly, it doesn't have half the "thump" of my pawnshop Rockford Fosgate "Punch" 250 & narrowed (factory mutli-speaker) TJ soundbar... and he ain't happy about it! :rolf:

It's working fine, just not powerful enough for my preference, but provides tunes. Basically if you are going to spend money on good speakers like I did, buy a better amp. If you just want some music that's better than nothing at all, it's a good bargain.

TacomaJD said:
Or any marine amp that has badass output specs and buy a $5 mp3 to RCA cord like my setup. Probably be cheaper than the higher dollar full units. Only thing I wished mine had was Bluetooth so I didn't always have to leave my phone in the rig if stopped and I wanted to get out and take a pic. The Bluetooth/mp3/marine full units are pricey, but one of those things that you'll be glad you bought after you drop the coin.

It's kinda pricey but: http://www.crawltunes.com/product.php?productid=17559

I have the iSimple cable because I had an iPhone when I setup my stereo. When I changed to the S5 I added a cheap 30pin iPhone Bluetooth dock adapter so I can link the Android (or any Bluetooth) device.