• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

YouTube of the day

Beerj said:
Get to play with this toy this weekend.
https://youtu.be/4lbiOMsSKeM

Are those concrete crossties under the track? How are they getting them to hold up compared to the old wooden ones? Seen a few 100yr old wooden crossties (less than 20) still in use just curious about the new ones.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Looks like it takes 2 weeks to lay a 50' section of track. :****:
That machine isn't really used for just laying straight track. It's primarily for switches, especially ones in tight spaces. Here's one of the switch panels being loaded onto the tilt car. That's 1 of 5 that need to be installed and back in service in a 55 hr window.

I think it'll make more sense once I can show you the finished product.
mikeparker said:
Are those concrete crossties under the track? How are they getting them to hold up compared to the old wooden ones? Seen a few 100yr old wooden crossties (less than 20) still in use just curious about the new ones.
Yeah, they're concrete. They hold up great as long as the drainage is good. But once you get a little spot of mud under them they start to pump real bad and eventually break.

That is exactly what is wrong in this country today. Bunch of useless :JRich:, wish he had been packing and lit their sorry ass up.

God have mercey on me, I would beat those monkeys heads into the road till there brains ran out there ears! Man that makes my blood boil!

Re: Re: YouTube of the day

studduck01 said:
That is exactly what is wrong in this country today. Bunch of useless :JRich:, wish he had been packing and lit their sorry ass up.
The BLM would chime in saying they were choir boys and "hands up! / unarmed".