• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Yukon warranty rant....

We have seen opinions on both side of the issue but think about it this way. Say you buy a Snap-on, MAC or other tool used, do you think you are entitled to the lifetime warranty? I do.
The listed tool company's like RCV stand behind their produce. I can understand TG not standing behind Longs as they did not build the product. I understand axle company limiting tire size as well.

RustyC said:
We have seen opinions on both side of the issue but think about it this way. Say you buy a Snap-on, MAC or other tool used, do you think you are entitled to the lifetime warranty? I do.
The listed tool company's like RCV stand behind their produce. I can understand TG not standing behind Longs as they did not build the product. I understand axle company limiting tire size as well.

LOL, how on earth would you think you are entitled to a products lifetime warranty if you are not the original purchaser???? This is the chance you take when you buy something used for less than what it would cost you NEW with stated warranty.

This is not difficult to understand..........

Buy NEW = get warranty
Buy USED = you're on your own

wizzo said:
LOL, how on earth would you think you are entitled to a products lifetime warranty if you are not the original purchaser???? This is the chance you take when you buy something used for less than what it would cost you NEW with stated warranty.

This is not difficult to understand..........

Buy NEW = get warranty
Buy USED = you're on your own

If you purchase enough new stuff from the vendor it evens out the process. Paid well over $100 for one wrench, probably cost $20 to make I don't know. Vendor gets the profit. I turn in a broken tool regardless of it's origin and they replace it. I profit? maybe but remember I took a big hit on other items. If a manufacturer has a lifetime warranty to only the original purchaser make it know prior to the purchase and all is well.
Difference of option I guess.

Wmikew06 said:
I had a TG bomb proof t-case mount, which i still had the paper work with a lifetime warranty. Well between the time i purchased it and the time i broke it they had changed the warranty from lifetime to 1 year. Even though i purchased the part when it had a life time since it had a 1 year now they refused to replace it. Since then i will go out of my way or spend more money to buy a non TG part. China JUNK

Sounds like you were only running one bombproof mount.. Lol fyi toyota= CHINA :stir: ;D

clutchee said:
Wait, if own them and they break with or without receipt it's a lifetime warranty.

So basically don't honor a reputable business "Longfield" but copy products and do -0- innovation......

Again difference of thoughts but TG will never get my $ nor will I ever steer anyone their way.

How can you say they only copy products and have zero innovation?
6shooter knuckles, rock assault housings 8's and 9's, wiper seals,
Amongst a bunch of other stuff as well. Also to top it off they'll answer the phone everytime you call to bitch....

RustyC said:
think about it this way. Say you buy a Snap-on, MAC or other tool used, do you think you are entitled to the lifetime warranty? I do.

This is exactly why these kind of company's are becoming obsolete. You want to reap the benefits of having paid top dollar for their product, yet you have given them no business to justify them to stand behind their product.

Eventually the market becomes saturated with your €œno questions asked lifetime warranty€ product (especially a niche product like aftermarket off-road parts, which are made to be pushed to the limit)

And you spend ~90% of your resources warranting ~50% of your total product ever sold, over and over and over as it changes hands and continually gets abused and broken.

Terrible business model, good for building a name, but a reputation built solely on free replacement **** leads to turning into €œCraftsman€.... or pricing yourself into oblivion (most name brand tool truck tools)

I'm sure there are a lot more young buck wrench spinners that financed $10k+ through the tool truck man this year, than the number of Chromo/300m axle shafts ever sold...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustyC said:

Snap-on, Mac, Matco the list goes on they don't warranty if you aren't the org purchaser. Sometimes the tool guy does it to help regular customers out but if John Doe goes to the local pawn shop buys a ratchet that's broke good luck getting it warrantied.

jeeptj99 said:
Snap-on, Mac, Matco the list goes on they don't warranty if you aren't the org purchaser. Sometimes the tool guy does it to help regular customers out but if John Doe goes to the local pawn shop buys a ratchet that's broke good luck getting it warrantied.

Bingo! My Mac distributor is a friend of mine and won't warranty stuff that Joe Blow jumps on the truck with that he got at a yard sale. I have bought so much tool truck stuff that I rarely have a problem getting anything warrantied. One exception being a trans jack that had a year warranty that broke 2 months out of warranty and now the parts aren't available.

If TG and others made up a transferable warranty (that you pay for) deal with a limited time frame, that might help their image out somewhat. Jasper does this with engines, transmissions, ECT.

Just talked to Yukon, they haven't even opened my locker yet. I called in for an update and they asked me for my tracking number to make sure that it had been received. So did they lose it? Not give a ****? Really starting to lose my patience here.

Re: Re: Yukon warranty rant....

jeeptj99 said:
Just talked to Yukon, they haven't even opened my locker yet. I called in for an update and they asked me for my tracking number to make sure that it had been received. So did they lose it? Not give a ****? Really starting to lose my patience here.
This right here was my biggest fear when sending stuff back... Hope you get it all figured out man.

I've been nice and patient up to this point but he told me to call him back tomorrow, if I don't have a good solid answer tomorrow I will probably lose my ****.

In the future just open the locker yourself find the broken parts and call blue at Yukon. whatever is real name is idk but blue will hook you up with replacement parts. As a word of caution when one pops there are several things that go so make sure all parts are inspected.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I would have done that but they said it wasn't going to be that long on warranty like 3-4 weeks. Then I shipped it and boom it's longer. Bull ****.

had Yukon 5.29 Toyota ring and pinion and spool installed. they only made it one day on a ride and striped the pinion gear. going thru warranty process. Good Luck with yours

I broke my yukon 9 inch chromo shaft.
I called about warrenty, it sounded super complicated. So i called a friend who called a friend at yukon, new axle was here in 3 days.

Must be all in who you blow lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I have spoken to Yukon on the phone and at Sema about their warranty process:

Lifetime Warranty - Means you have a "lifetime" to get it replaced once and maybe twice but that's about it. They will require that you ship the product back as a picture will not work.

Warranty Claims - The purchaser will need to go back through who they bought them from really. It is important to keep your receipt if your vendor does not have it because they are going to want to see that you are the original owner. It is not a speedy process and can be difficult but not always.

Since RCV was mentioned:

The warranty is only good to the original purchaser and are super great to deal with. If you break and axle shaft, you may go back through your vendor or to them. They usually require a picture to be sent back to them of the broken parts and will have something out to you in no time.

SkinnyPedalRacing said:
I have spoken to Yukon on the phone and at Sema about their warranty process:

Lifetime Warranty - Means you have a "lifetime" to get it replaced once and maybe twice but that's about it. They will require that you ship the product back as a picture will not work.

Warranty Claims - The purchaser will need to go back through who they bought them from really. It is important to keep your receipt if your vendor does not have it because they are going to want to see that you are the original owner. It is not a speedy process and can be difficult but not always.

Since RCV was mentioned:

The warranty is only good to the original purchaser and are super great to deal with. If you break and axle shaft, you may go back through your vendor or to them. They usually require a picture to be sent back to them of the broken parts and will have something out to you in no time.

and RCV easily allows an upgrade for price difference

HOLY ****, just got a call that they will be depositing the money into my account today or tomorrow that everything had been approved. 89 days since first contact.