• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

z71 exhaust???

arctic_cat

Its time to redo my exhaust on my truck. I have been talking to a guy at work and he told me to cut my cats off. Said it will run better and get better fuel mileage. Have any of you done this to your z71's. Its a 2001. The guy at work told me a way to redo the o2 sensors so it wont throw a light. Just want yalls thoughts and info. Thanks for any help.

ifs its running fine dont **** with the cat,if its stopped up cut it off but the only way to get the truck to run right without a ses light is to get it tuned, not a programmer but a actual professional tuner.i would just put A catback or just mufflers on it and not touch the cat. on my race car one of my o2 was switching slow on one side it wasnt even throwing a code,but my car ran a 7.80 on motor with the slow sensor it was running 8.10s. what im trying to get across is if you just cut off the cat and dont tune the computer you will get worse milage and less power because the computer goes into safe mode with a ses light on and pulls timing and the increased exaust flow wont heat up the o2s like they need to be so a "tune" is needed to fix the problem

We talking about the first r second set on cat's I would like to no the answer as well my 96 tahoe is missing the second set and I have a SES light on constant.

any cat.the o2s dont sniff the air they work off of heat,when you take off the cats the exaust is a lot cooler so the 02s wont read right so they throw a ses light.the motor only needs the front two (bank 1 sensor 1)(bank2 sensor 1) to run,the rear sensors can be deleted in the "tune" .

guy at work just did this to his colorado and gained 2mpg and said it runs alot better. The truck only has one set of cats right between the o2 sensors. truck runs great just wondering how I can get more mpg out of it. all it has is the cats and straight pipes. I was thinking about cutting the cats off and putting flowmasters or a dynomax X flo on it

my cheap ass dont want to come off the $ but my driver side pipe is in 2. its just hanging there rattling. Shope told me to cut the cats off and Im scared to because my luck it will just **** something up