• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Zeus Build

Re:

Haven't made much progress lately, had to put in a new ac unit at the house - the ol lady kept saying something about 90 degrees not being ok inside and didn't like my response that everyone was doing it 100 years ago... Anyway now that the ac is done back to my real evening project.

After the spaghetti like header mess that will be my buddy's gt 2.0 project I figured I'd take the easy route and order up a Box-o-Headers and just weld them up, only minor figment necessary. After one side only took about an hour from opening the box to fully tacked up I was very happy with my decision. Plenty of clearance for shocks and such. I'll get the other side done tonight.

cf1cf32a1b7ff86fbd2f98ac3748654c.jpg

4c0c756cf784a7857f2334d280a58d1d.jpg

Where does one go about finding a "box-o-headers" that you speak of?
Also, I'm probably spotlighting my ignorance here but when the engine is facing backwards like that, doesn't the whole drivetrain spin the wrong way? :dunno: Do you just flip the axles upside-down? I've honestly never really looked into it.

Beerj said:
Also, I'm probably spotlighting my ignorance here but when the engine is facing backwards like that, doesn't the whole drivetrain spin the wrong way? :dunno: Do you just flip the axles upside-down? I've honestly never really looked into it.

Rockwells. :stir:

Beerj said:

I ordered a set of weld up headers from summit - they come tacked together so it is quite easy to make changes as necessary to suit the build = "box-o-headers" :)

You are also correct, the drivetrain will spin the wrong way. However, if you flip the axles upside down the rotation direction will be reversed.

al1tonyota said:
Flipping a Rockwell would be something to see forsure! Extreme low pinion but seriously a reverser box I'm pretty sure?

No need for a reverser box, flipping the diffs will suffice. These are front loaders so it will help me somewhat to flip them, I'll get to go from low pinion to high pinion - not sure how much that'll help given the chunk size though...

Wouldn't flipping a axle weaken the R&P? I'm just asking, I have zero knowledge about that? :dunno:

poolman said:
Wouldn't flipping a axle weaken the R&P? I'm just asking, I have zero knowledge about that? :dunno:

Did you see the size of the ring and pinion?!?
b88152f9d038c47754676b634954e794.jpg

This is next to a np205
895686bd6deb7cae1bf42b2972b2bf06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muddinmetal said:
It's really not cool when you name things like that yourself and try to lump into those groups...

Was just being silly... I don't really care what it's called, I just want to wheel and have fun

Was just being silly... I don't really care what it's called, I just want to wheel and have fun
[/quote]

I saw the question mark :dunno:

Re:

I've spent most of my spare time lately working on the cage design. It is far from complete and there are a lot of lines I don't like but here it is so far. Working from a clean sheet is proving to be challenging to get everything to flow right, functionally it is overkill but form needs some work.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Re:

Using Solidworks. Actually about to get a 3D printer to see what some of the designs look like in real life (albeit at a small scale).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk