• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ron Davis Radiators

EddieHall

Are R.D radiators worth it. Called the other day to place a order 28x19x3 pass side out dr. side return for ls engine with fans for my jimmy smith buggy. $$1365.00 shipped ..wow I figured around 800-900 hundred boy was I wrong

There's a place local to me in Michigan that everyone uses up here.

https://superiorradiator.net

Check them out

Bought a griffin radiator and fan combo from wide open design for my bouncer and just bought a superior radiator for a LJ both are very good quality and not near that coin. For a bouncer I wouldn't think a 1k radiator is worth just my opinion

Im happy with my griffin in my rig twas boxed up good and seems good quality. That said its a little under sized so im looking into northern radiators out of michigan. 3 row of 1" tubes and cheap by the way. Might want to look into them. Find part number then google said part number for prices from vendors.

I own a ron davis full radiator/fan set up. 36 inch long , dual pass, with TWO 16 inch fans. It is by far the best radiator set up I have used in 25 years of offloading. In fact i almost never turn the second fan on. Maybe for a 20 minute beatdown and that's it.. blows griffen, howe, and be cool AWAY. worth every penny to me.

I have ran a $179 19x22 Speedway Motors radiator with a $50 ebay shroud and junkyard Volvo fan on the last three SC3800 builds. Looking at running another one in the 26x19 flavor for my new LS buggy.

sleepsontoilet said:
I have ran a $179 19x22 Speedway Motors radiator with a $50 ebay shroud and junkyard Volvo fan on the last three SC3800 builds. Looking at running another one in the 26x19 flavor for my new LS buggy.
I run this combo with a Sunmit shroud kit on a 5.3. Zero cooling issues.

b.boyd said:
I own a ron davis full radiator/fan set up. 36 inch long , dual pass, with TWO 16 inch fans. It is by far the best radiator set up I have used in 25 years of offloading. In fact i almost never turn the second fan on. Maybe for a 20 minute beatdown and that's it.. blows griffen, howe, and be cool AWAY. worth every penny to me.

I will vouch for this :dblthumb:

I have a Griffin, don't love it. Not even impressed by it. I had a Summit brand on my buggy that I'd say was same quality and performance. :****:

I have a old griffin in my Yj. Dunno the age but it's not close to new, been battling some overheating issues and my question is can a aluminum radiator wear out? Might seem dumb but I'm trying figure out my issues radiator is 17,5 wide and 18 tall Taurus fan . 351w with afr big valves heads and cam. Radiator too small?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Re: Re: Ron Davis Radiators

Zjman said:
I have a old griffin in my Yj. Dunno the age but it's not close to new, been battling some overheating issues and my question is can a aluminum radiator wear out? Might seem dumb but I'm trying figure out my issues radiator is 17,5 wide and 18 tall Taurus fan . 351w with afr big valves heads and cam. Radiator too small?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Definitely possibly for passageways to get blocked, fins to get bent, and efficiency to deteriorate.

Waffle said:
Griffin has no clue how to properly box a radiator for shipping.

Agreed. Just opened this one that I bought through but was a direct ship from Griffin 90 miles from my house.
fab7d9ffc6b1e7acf047d6148631101f.jpg
fd7828aca1df4cc82dd092074ba4ecd8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk