• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Forum Hacked

BamaTJ

Hardline Crawler
Hey Guys,

Forum got fawking hacked again, we are probably going to restore a backup from 2 weeks ago which means we will lose all posts in the last two weeks. The infected files list is a mile long so I really think a backup that hopefully is not corrupted will be our best bet. Sorry for the loss of data.

Update for other forum users, the hack was done by kris barteo, who signed up for our board to hack it. If he is a member of other forums you use ban him as a user.

Forum looks different because our old theme is corrupt and the base theme is no longer available, everything else should be good. Please post up here if you see any errors or issues. You may have to reset your cookies, clear your cache, and restart your browser if the page looks goofy for you. Thx and thanks to Josh for telling me about Sawz as he saved our ass!

he is disabled and banned now. Thanks again to Josh (CagleXJ) for the info on sawz, he knocked this out fast

We will work on getting a theme up and going. It will not be the old one, but maybe we can get close with colors.

Glad I could help. I don't know when he hacked the site but maybe you can find an older backup that will have the Theme File. Possibly could save it. Or you could have one of the smf members design one just like you had.

Your profile picture is added in by you in your profile... I know I am not Matt. O but thought I would mention that. What board viewing are you missing?

I doubt it JJ, looks like he just inserted malicious code in all the sites and made himself hard to ban, delete. But we got rid of him

Here is the info he used when posting:

IP: 94.142.129.147
Hostname: h-129-147.cssgroup.lv
Email: [email protected]
Username: krisbarteo

blacksheep10 said:
gawd I wish it were someone local. It would be awesome if it became extremely real to someone like that

I agree Kelly, let's refer him to some free copper in Vegas... :afro:

I added some more spammer mods to help keep this stuff out of here. Most of the time hackers like this try to take over a site and shut it down to see if they can... Simple Machines is a good forum base like a criminal a hacker can find his way in... I have stopped a lot of spammers on my site by adding this mod and a few more. The only thing that could be done to 100% block spammers is to check all new members screen names against a data base before allowing them to be activated.
That sucks for Admins or Mods. This new mod does it for them and the site is updated every 5 minutes. But there is a window and it could still allow one to get by.