• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

It's STINKY!!!

Your oil pan makes me nervous ... she seems really exposed.

That thing is super sweet Lou, get on it man !! Very very nice rig !

you are going to love those seats. I fawking love MC seats. So comfy!

All looks good except what Paul said about the oilpan. Is it alum?
Did you ditch the C/O's?

wngrog said:
Your gayness at not starting this rig scares me.

Nolen, your gayness knows no boundaries...this is evident by your inherent ability to hate on anyone and everything...

guys, have no fear on the oil pan..yes, it is aluminum, and it is for a 2wd engine, not teh 4wd that was originally on there....i know it is exposed, and i am going to add a skid to it...

pat had one made here locally by chris @ white rhino, and, as soon as this thing is drivable, i will cruise the 2 miles up the road to his shop to have him bend me one out of 1/4" plate....

i am keeping the coilovers...just waiting on some coils to make it back my way.... :rolleyes:

under_psi said:
Nolen, your gayness knows no boundaries...this is evident by your inherent ability to hate on anyone and everything...

guys, have no fear on the oil pan..yes, it is aluminum, and it is for a 2wd engine, not teh 4wd that was originally on there....i know it is exposed, and i am going to add a skid to it...

pat had one made here locally by chris @ white rhino, and, as soon as this thing is drivable, i will cruise the 2 miles up the road to his shop to have him bend me one out of 1/4" plate....

i am keeping the coilovers...just waiting on some coils to make it back my way.... :rolleyes:

You may never got those coils man, should of just got your money back and get them yourself through Summit.

BamaTJ said:
You may never got those coils man, should of just got your money back and get them yourself through Summit.

wasn't my money...they came with the purchase of teh rig, per Dan @ BTF....

he sent them back to PP, just has not heard from THEM yet...

to make things worse, Poly would NOT deal with me...even tho they KNOW that the springs are FOR ME....they said that they have to go through DAN, since he is the one that paid for them.....they should just cut him out as the middle man and help me get this resolved...i USED to think real highly of those guys, but after the shenanigans with these coils and them trying to assist me in the new coil choice option, i am starting to NOT want to deal with them again....

oh well...you live and you learn....

i know this is not a poly call out thread, but your sentiments are not lonely. They have really become a mailorder/online seller. If it deviates from a standard product that they carry they ignore it. If its on the shelf and is a straight purchase you are golden. PIG used to be awesome on customer service. Now.....I think they just got too big and got into too much structure. Just my opinion. I have many good experiences with them and a few bad.

Give me a shout on some coils if you get stranded on that deal....What size C/O's you running?

I've got some 14" QA1 Coils in-stock.

thanks Ken...i may need to deal with that in the future if the new rates aren't exactly right..

Dan from BTF called me this afternoon and said that Poly called him and said that my new coils are going out the door today......which means i should see them here in about a week....

maybe then i can have them on by next weekend....

under_psi said:

I am so sorry your ***** hurst Louis. I will bring some vagasil monday to lunch and rub on it for you.

wngrog said:
I am so sorry your ***** hurst Louis. I will bring some vagasil monday to lunch and rub on it for you.

you're gonna need a large tube with as much hatin as you've been doing on me this week...

go buy something strawberry shortcake...:flipoff1:

under_psi said:
thanks Ken...i may need to deal with that in the future if the new rates aren't exactly right..

Dan from BTF called me this afternoon and said that Poly called him and said that my new coils are going out the door today......which means i should see them here in about a week....

maybe then i can have them on by next weekend....

that's good to hear...'course then you'll be out of excuses on the rest of this stuff :flipoff1:

blacksheep10 said:
you're pretty defensive. Its the interweb :flipgotcha: :flipoff1:

nah...just forgot to put the :flipoff1; smiley....i was even txt'n ole jimmy the blade about it as he posted it....lol....

it's all good....

i am not Ehurt....trust me.... :flipoff1:

i have some pics of the car almost completely assembled...just lack the driveshafts (be on next week), fr/rr winches, and the boat side skids....will have it running when my new starter arrives later this week....

i wanted to take a minute a shout out again to those who helped, (i came from simply bolting on parts to a TJ and had no real fab skills, but i am fairly confident now and have learned sooo much from the process.).....jmhinescj (HUGE HELP), 87yjtoy, bigsilly, davids_yj, trevro, and a few others i am sure i am forgetting...

also would like to thank everyone on the pbb for the motivation and kind words...could not have done it without the wealth of info and build threads on here......:)

so, here are some pics of the (mostly) finished/assembeld car....

buildingstinky324.jpg

buildingstinky332.jpg

buildingstinky333.jpg

buildingstinky338.jpg

buildingstinky344.jpg

buildingstinky354.jpg

Latest posts