• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Kid bouncer

FlatlandFSJ said:
More then likely it's using the gearbox from the atv, it's all one case with the output shaft right on the side.

I'm curious to see how the steering works, I've been gathering parts for one of these( big kid size ;D ) The steering is the only thing I can't really nail down, does the stator on the atv motor put out enough juice?
I have talked to three other folks about the stator question. They all have said it works with no problems. That was my biggest concern when I started it.

Re: Re: Kid bouncer

smurfy90 said:
I have talked to three other folks about the stator question. They all have said it works with no problems. That was my biggest concern when I started it.
If it doesn't you could run a driveshaft mounted alternator.

Re: Re: Kid bouncer

ranger11 said:
If it doesn't you could run a driveshaft mounted alternator.
I also planned at 1st to run ESP off of a 1000 rzr. But decided I didn't want a drag link so it wouldn't kick back and break his hands. If I ran an alt from driveshaft it wouldn't charge right unless the pulleys was exactly right size to make it turn the right rpms?????

Re: Re: Re: Kid bouncer

smurfy90 said:
I also planned at 1st to run ESP off of a 1000 rzr. But decided I didn't want a drag link so it wouldn't kick back and break his hands. If I ran an alt from driveshaft it wouldn't charge right unless the pulleys was exactly right size to make it turn the right rpms?????
Yes, but unlike a ps pump you can't really spin the alternative too fast. Biggest issue is it not charging at idle or slow speeds.

did you turn the 3rd over? The engine turns backward. Give you one forward and 4 reverse.

Yes. The rear third is already flipped. Will flip front when I install front locker

this thing looks awesome. ive been gathering parts for my girls buggy, Suzuki Ozark 250 motor sami case and axles. im going with 3 link and a steerin box though and a Saturn ion power steering setup. less then 100 with the ebay module and no need for a extensive charging system. I cant wait to see how this thing runs! lucky kids these days for sure.

cumminsontherocks said:
this thing looks awesome. ive been gathering parts for my girls buggy, Suzuki Ozark 250 motor sami case and axles. im going with 3 link and a steerin box though and a Saturn ion power steering setup. less then 100 with the ebay module and no need for a extensive charging system. I cant wait to see how this thing runs! lucky kids these days for sure.
There forsure gonna have fun in them. I got to tear his down and get powder coated and it will be done

that's much farther then mine is. been building my sons transaxle buggy for a year now and still not done. waiting on a standalone harness for Honda motor. probably finish my girls first. lol. keep us posted.