• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Power stroke ?

Binder said:
I don't agree with this one if I read it right. You can get a lot of bang from the goodies but on a Powerstroke most of them are expensive.
yes that is true, and a PSD is a waste of money to even "hot rod" the motor.

We all know the Cummings is the biggest bang for the buck, but the engine is in a POS truck that can't handle the motor, exp: trans, and front end components such as track bar problems and misalliance crap.

Now if you take a PSD and drop a Cummings in it with a good burly built trans you have the ultimate truck and it will lay down a 10 second run and still can be used for towing and DD duty's with an adjustable program for the engine it's self.

The PSD is a tank in weight but is nice to have that with a heavy load towed to keep the stability at freeway speeds of 70 mph.

I personally, if I buy another diesel, will be dropping a Cummings in a PSD, with a built auto with some "smoking" goodies. :D

Well before i buy the truck it is going to the shop.I test drove it yesterday and the water in fuel light came on and the tranny grinds in 2 gear.Im kinda thinking that i might just buy a 98-99 vortec chevy instead.

Binder said:
Isn't this for towing? Don't buy a gasser, your better off with water in the fuel.:puke:

The car lot is going to fix the deisel.Should i just buy it or find another one.

Dude said:
yes that is true, and a PSD is a waste of money to even "hot rod" the motor.

We all know the Cummings is the biggest bang for the buck, but the engine is in a POS truck that can't handle the motor, exp: trans, and front end components such as track bar problems and misalliance crap.

Now if you take a PSD and drop a Cummings in it with a good burly built trans you have the ultimate truck and it will lay down a 10 second run and still can be used for towing and DD duty's with an adjustable program for the engine it's self.

The PSD is a tank in weight but is nice to have that with a heavy load towed to keep the stability at freeway speeds of 70 mph.

I personally, if I buy another diesel, will be dropping a Cummings in a PSD, with a built auto with some "smoking" goodies. :D

Its "Cummins" not "Cummings" Doug:;

olllllllo said:
Its "Cummins" not "Cummings" Doug:;
who cares?? you get the point. :haha: :haha:

don't be a grammer nazi. :flipoff: :haha: :haha:

Brian H said:
The car lot is going to fix the deisel.Should i just buy it or find another one.

Find another one, dont be impatient, its the worst thing you can do... I speak from expierence. I bought a 97 powerstroke a little over a year ago, and the thing was nothing but problems since i had it. I was lucky enough to trade it in 5 months ago and only lose 2k on the deal.

Keep your eye on autotrader.com and dealerships, you'll find something thats a better deal and worth the wait.

Brian, what is your limit on $$$$$$$$$ ???

I can do some snooping around for ya. I know I can find a rig way better than the 96 for about the 12 to 15k range for sure.

Binder said:
Isn't this for towing? Don't buy a gasser, your better off with water in the fuel.:puke:

and dont buy a ford, do yourself a favor and get a dodge with a cummins you will love it . You ever wonder way there is so many fords for sell and dodge's are hard to find????????????:;

sarg said:
and dont buy a ford, do yourself a favor and get a dodge with a cummins you will love it . You ever wonder way there is so many fords for sell and dodge's are hard to find????????????:;
Because Dodges are over priced and some of us really know that. :haha: :haha:

And the hype is over rated so the sheeple do fallow a false lead. :D

sorry, the truth does sting a little. :haha: :clappy:

Dude said:
Because Dodges are over priced and some of us really know that. :haha: :haha:

And the hype is over rated so the sheeple do fallow a false lead. :D

sorry, the truth does sting a little. :haha: :clappy:

I love it how guys that have had a ford or currently own a ford will be the first to say they would put a cummins in there truck if they could, but they will never admit to wanting a dodge or telling someone to not buy a ford:haha:

Hey Doug dont you own a rover............................nuff said:kissmyass:

sarg said:
I love it how guys that have had a ford or currently own a ford will be the first to say they would put a cummins in there truck if they could, but they will never admit to wanting a dodge or telling someone to not buy a ford:haha:

Hey Doug dont you own a rover............................nuff said:kissmyass:
:haha: :haha: sorry for the sting. :;

I don't care what brand I drive, as long as it works as advertised. And those vehicles don't come in a "truck" form of vehicle.

Basically they are all junk if you think about it. :D :haha:

sarg said:
:

I'm not brand loyal and admit that the Cummins is a good motor but I also think that my Powerstroke is a good motor in a better truck than the average Dodge.

I've never understood and still don't understand why people say that the Cummins is a great motor but the dodge is a piece of ****?

Cummins + NV5600 + Dana 80 = Better drivetrain than anything on the market.

My truck is just over 6 years old with 240k on it, sure parts are starting to go bad and need replacing but that's just normal for anything with mileage.

I agree that the Chevy and the Fords have a little more plush interior...but but :wtf:

Jobless said:
I've never understood and still don't understand why people say that the Cummins is a great motor but the dodge is a piece of ****?

Cummins + NV5600 + Dana 80 = Better drivetrain than anything on the market.

My truck is just over 6 years old with 240k on it, sure parts are starting to go bad and need replacing but that's just normal for anything with mileage.

I agree that the Chevy and the Fords have a little more plush interior...but but :wtf:

100% agreed...

Nuzzy said:
And it all becomes clear... :D :flipoff: :haha:

that I can drive 300 miles on $30??? so who is the dumb ass here?? :haha: :haha:

and all my money is mine, not a banks. :; :kiss: :corn: $25 an hour isn't great but not chump change either. :;

and as far as wheeling a Rover?? well at least I won't have to throw over half of the rig away. :; That is just silly to do and a waste of money.

I love the ignorance. :haha: :haha: :haha: :stirpot: :corn: :kiss:

now go buy a truck, lets see how ya all do. :D Mine will be payed for off the lot. :; :kiss:

got any thing else?? :flipoff:

Last edited: