• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Power stroke ?

My 97 Dodge Dually 4x4 was 7500lbs with me in it on the scales(without me would be 7230lbs). Maybe the scales were screwed. And yes the 10k Mod works on Powerstrokes before 99 because Tankotas Power stroke was smoking me out last year as I followed him up Chinook pass.:clappy:

Fullywrecked said:
My 97 Dodge Dually 4x4 was 7500lbs with me in it on the scales(without me would be 7230lbs). Maybe the scales were screwed. And yes the 10k Mod works on Powerstrokes before 99 because Tankotas Power stroke was smoking me out last year as I followed him up Chinook pass.:clappy:

10k mods shouldn't make the truck smoke much....my truck didn't smoke with a 10k....but once I chipped it, it smoked like a MOFO.....

my quad cab is 7k, a touch over once I finally get the traction bars on :mad:

BTW I pulled onto 410 today on my way out to Discount. Pulled up behind a 6liter. Had "My" on the tailgate in yellow.. and a big ass Lemon next to it.. :haha: . I've seen that done one other time on an 01 DMAX.

Good thing you asked for no BS Brian! :haha:
I think his question was relating to what to expect needing fixed on a 96 Ford with 110K on the clock. I don't recall him asking anything about any other diesel truck.

Comet said:
Good thing you asked for no BS Brian! :haha:
I think his question was relating to what to expect needing fixed on a 96 Ford with 110K on the clock. I don't recall him asking anything about any other diesel truck.

Aleast you understand !!! Thanks.

Diesel threads always go that way. Dodge guys say how much they love their trucks.. and Ford guys bitch that the Dodge guys are so happy. I dunno seems ok to me. :haha:

Ok just to make Comet happy.. when anyone posts something.. Only one reply should be thrown out.. then the thread locked.. all info is now there.

I paid $5000 bucks for a 95' F-350 4x4 PSD. Put a clutch, chip, injectors, intake, and exhaust on. I could set 2 trucks up like this for the price of a dodge. It pulls pretty much any mountain pass over 85 with the jeep on. I've got 196k on the odometer.

Oh yes, when I test drove my truck it had 100k on it. The water pump was leaking...I told the dealer to fix it and they did. They said it cost them $800:wtf: . You can put an international pump on it for less $. Brings it down to the mid $200 range:mad:

Check the idler and tensioner pulley bearings. You can replace those for less than $10 (gotta know the bearing number) as preventative maintenance or you can pay big $ to "cooter" when they crap on you in the middle of nowwhere.

Lucky Jeff said:
Diesel threads always go that way. Dodge guys say how much they love their trucks.. and Ford guys bitch that the Dodge guys are so happy. I dunno seems ok to me. :haha:

It amazes me how narrow minded some people can be.:rolleyes: