• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

ForMud said:
If you don't start them young and stick with it I don't know if you could change them.

I have two daughters, when they were young I never gave them an allowance and only paid for what they needed, not what they wanted. They worked at a close by horse farm from the age of 8 for cash or riding lessons.
They did plenty of chores around the house.... Didn't pay them for that ether. In high school they raised 20+ goats while in the FFA... Plenty of times they were following me out the door at 5:00am to feed or break the ice in the water buckets before school.
As they got older if they asked for money, they always paid it back without being asked.
The one thing we did do for them is buy their first cars. Nothing fancy just good reliable transportation. Since then they both have traded up a couple of times and they both have new cars ( All on their dime )

About six months ago my oldest ( 22 ) Thanked me for doing what I did and the Independence it taught her.
This guy gets it. Take away the Ipad and cell phone and give them a push mower. Wanna buy your kid something they can use? Buy them tools and teach them how to use them. Wanna give them something, give them books to read to help them become better people in life. Wanna instill something in them? Instill hard work, determination and humility, by letting them struggle, letting them fail and letting them figure out how to win at whatever it is they are doing. Let them figure out that losing is part of life, could be a game, or a pet, or a place in a play. Everyone can't win all the time, but those that learn how to lose and grow from it, will prosper in life.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Re: Random Thoughts

The one and only piece of advice my father gave me when I asked about bringing my daughters was " The hardest thing is teaching them about consequences of their actions.... be it good or bad...everything you do in life has them"

Loud daily driver vehicles.....anyone here guilty of this?

I get it....loud = fast.....i guess. How y'all live with that everyday?

Re:

My studebaker is a little throaty at low rpm and sounds good at 50mph inside the car. It is not loud, doesn't pop or have that raspy loudness that annoys. V8s should be enjoyed, not be used to annoy folks.

I'm not talking about your "fun / weekend" stuff. I'm talking like TRUE daily drivers. And these are GOOD loud sounds....they're just loud and annoying. Not even throttle dependent. Your basic merge in to 40mph hour traffic "WTF IS THAT" head turning noise loud?

Mainly trucks around me....not diesels, they're their own type of gay. Not kids either, I mean some are and that's to be expected from them. But these dudes look 40-50ish.

My Mustang has deleted cats and stock GT500 mufflers on it and I think it's about 2 clicks too loud as it is but I can adjust the level by just using my foot and keeping it off the peddle.

I generally do not like LOUD sounds. I do like GOOD sounds, but not loud. Loudness just does nothing for me.

I don't understand your fun/weekend stuff comment. As soon as the radiator is fixed, the Studebaker will be driven everywhere it is legal to. I daily drove my 61 for almost 2 years. I plan to drive this one just the same. It's got 700 miles on a manual transmission rebuild, new clutch and engine.

I like to refer to folks as ruining their card when I hear the noises they eminate. Honda, Yukon, or even a freaking motorcycle. It doesnt matter what you ruin, just don't drive them on the streets.

tonybolton said:
Mainly trucks around me....not diesels, they're their own type of gay. Not kids either, I mean some are and that's to be expected from them. But these dudes look 40-50ish.

I got about 4 or 5 going by house a day. All of them straight pipe, all of them Chevys, all of them young pricks in their 20s. I can hear them coming two miles away.
I never give them the satisfaction of looking their way.....Pricks

tonybolton said:
I'm not talking about your "fun / weekend" stuff. I'm talking like TRUE daily drivers. And these are GOOD loud sounds....they're just loud and annoying. Not even throttle dependent. Your basic merge in to 40mph hour traffic "WTF IS THAT" head turning noise loud?

My Mustang has deleted cats and stock GT500 mufflers on it and I think it's about 2 clicks too loud as it is but I can adjust the level by just using my foot and keeping it off the peddle.

I generally do not like LOUD sounds. I do like GOOD sounds, but not loud. Loudness just does nothing for me.

You're just old :indianajones:

Sorry.....I did not think any kind of Studebaker would be a daily driver. I mean, I could daily drive dads old Cuda, but I don't for obvious reasons.

Just figured most people had some form of mass produced car / truck / van as their daily get to work and town vehicle.

ForMud said:
I got about 4 or 5 going by house a day. All of them straight pipe, all of them Chevys, all of them young pricks in their 20s. I can hear them coming two miles away.
I never give them the satisfaction of looking their way.....Pricks

Exactly the same here!!!! LMAO!!

1tonrenegade said:
You're just old :indianajones:

I do feel like that's what it is. If anyone here watches South Park.....there is an episode where Stan turns into a cynical asshole where he just hates EVERYTHING.....calls everything ****. I was watching it and I was like, "Holy ****...that's me!!!"

I cant stand some of them fart cans cars that are loud as hell an getting passed by a snail. I'd be ashamed to be caught driving one :****:

1tonrenegade said:
I cant stand some of them fart cans cars that are loud as hell an getting passed by a snail. I'd be ashamed to be caught driving one :****:

BMW Wagon something series or another yesterday...absolutely EAR SPLITTING. Bone stock car, some random 30's lookin' chick driving it. You could see people sitting at the intersection either laughing or rolling their windows up. This wasn't some tuner/racecar....this looked to be EXACTLY like a daily driver. Just either no muffler or she bought it with some ebay exhaust. I just don't even understand how that could be tolerated DAILY.

Re:

I tried to daily drive my caravan....Couldn't take it, tried to daily the powerstroke, couldn't handle that either. Bought a BMW and would rather pull off my fingernails than drive it. I was born in the wrong era.

That being said. I traded the Acra for a full blown race car of a honda. It was the most annoying thing in the world to listen to, but holy hell would it haul ass. Driving it more than a 1/4 mile and you'd have to be wearing borrowed jeans from your girlfriend or just not have a man card.

Some associates working in my warehouse are complaining they're cold.

I tell them they shouldn't wear shorts to work then. I'm then told that they're wearing shorts because they get hot when they're working.

I make a ****-eating grin face and raise my eyebrows......they turn around and go back to work. LOL

Is it just me or does trump speak like a 12 year old talking down to 8 year olds, he talks really slow and has the most basic grammar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He knows that most people are stupid and unfortunately stupid people have more influence in modern times than smart people.

I mean think about this... remember that catch me outside girl that was on that talk show? She has more money than most of us.

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Zjman said:
Is it just me or does trump speak like a 12 year old talking down to 8 year olds, he talks really slow and has the most basic grammar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what has aggravated me this whole time. You can conduct yourself in a more professional manner and still relate to common folk. George W. did that just fine. If it weren't for other people writing his speeches and teleprompters when he addresses the nation, it would be pitiful.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nothing like waking up at 11am after working night shift to a couple dozen texts asking if you're alive. Apparently there was a pretty big explosion at my plant mid morning. It happened in one of the buildings that I frequently work in. By all accounts everyone is safe and accounted for but they still have most employees sheltered in place in the Temporary Havens.

Latest posts