• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

dynajeep said:
There will be a few sets in KOH, was told 1st quarter 2016 is realistic. Not counting on it tho

Will be curious to see how the cars hold up, that 42 has to be heavy as hell.

A 43 sx is around 120 lbs right?

A 40 trep is around 100 lbs from what I've read. What are people speculating the 42 to weigh?

What does a 39 and 42 red label weigh?

That's what I don't understand. Why is this tire going to be so much more destructive than the 43sx? They are some heavy mofos too.

pholmann said:
That's what I don't understand. Why is this tire going to be so much more destructive than the 43sx? They are some heavy mofos too.

How many ultra4 racers do you see running a 43SX?

croes said:

39 weighs around 80-85lbs

42 weighs around a 100 I think but that tire is terrible so it doesn't count

Cole said:
How many ultra4 racers do you see running a 43SX?

I don't think a whole lot of U4 guys will be running the 42 Trep, seems that the 39-40 flavor is the norm. But time will tell...I guess when they said releasing to racers I was figuring more the bouncer crowd?

kmcminn said:
I'm sure it has been covered, but I wonder what a 43 sx's actual height is. Also interested to hear about actual height of the$e new 42" unicorns.

Not very quantitative, but I have this big Greenlee box that I carry on my trailer with all my spare parts, tools, and a spare sticky in it. The sticky stands up inside the box in the back underneath a shelf that is built into the box. I used have a new 43 SX in there, not on a rim. I had to squeeze and pry to make it fit under the shelf. I now have a new 40 Trep in there, also off the rim. I have to squeeze and pry just as much as I did the 43 to get it under the same shelf.

Moral of the story is that a 40 Trep is about as tall as a 43sx unmounted. I can't say how that computer to mounted on different rims with air in them.

patooyee said:
Moral of the story is that a 40 Trep is about as tall as a 43sx unmounted. I can't say how that computer to mounted on different rims with air in them.

1TFROT and I are supposed to be wheeling together next weekend. His 43 SX's are brand new, and my 40 Trep's are a little worn but I'll try to get a pic and/or measurements.

pholmann said:
I don't see ultra 4's

I understand that but my comment above about seeing how the cars hold up was directed to the Ultra4 crowd. I have no doubt about it that the bouncers won't have any troubles with the 42. I would choose the 43sx over a 42 Trep all day long.

Cole said:
I understand that but my comment above about seeing how the cars hold up was directed to the Ultra4 crowd. I have no doubt about it that the bouncers won't have any troubles with the 42. I would choose the 43sx over a 42 Trep all day long.

Gotcha, I see now. I didn't realize the comment was directed toward Ultra4 only. I was wondering why everyone was worried about the weight when the rest are heavy as **** already.

croes said:
A 43 sx is around 120 lbs right?

A 40 trep is around 100 lbs from what I've read. What are people speculating the 42 to weigh?

43-17 sx is 123
43-16.5 sx is 132

should be interesting to see how they measure up to the treps. my 43" sx stickies are way bigger than the 42" sx2s I just got rid of.

1tfrot said:
43-17 sx is 123
43-16.5 sx is 132

should be interesting to see how they measure up to the treps. my 43" sx stickies are way bigger than the 42" sx2s I just got rid of.

Derail on. Have you had both? I swear I think 16.5s are softer than 17s? Maybe it's how they were broken in? Derail off

poolman said:
Derail on. Have you had both? I swear I think 16.5s are softer than 17s? Maybe it's how they were broken in? Derail off

No sir, only the 16.5s. Went from 42" sx2s to 43" sx stickies

Another reason I want the 42 treps is word is they are ALOT softer compound over the 40 treps :****: :stir: and they are making sure they are an actual 42" tire

dynajeep said:
Another reason I want the 42 treps is word is they are ALOT softer compound over the 40 treps :****: :stir: and they are making sure they are an actual 42" tire

Softer or Stickier?