• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Super Mega Ultra Extreme Dana 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamMannis

Haters keep me motivated
So ive decided to build out a JK Dana 30. Why? because everyone hates the idea, says how stupid it is, how week it will be, yada yada yada. I think they're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong, but i have a plan and I'm going to go through with it regardless of the hate. with that said, here is my plan.

I'm going to start with a Stock JK Dana 30 housing. Sleeves, C-Gussets and a Truss will be installed. the entire housing, diff cover, Ring and Pinion, Carrier, and Axle Shafts are being dropped off to get Cryo Treated. I am using Nitro Chromoly 30 spline shafts with 1350 U-joints, Synergy Sleeves, and Artec C-gussets, along with their LCA brackets and Skids. it will get a simple lunchbox locker and the gears will be Motive Gear 4.88s. the axle will be accompanied by 37' tires and bigger brakes. I've assembled nearly all the parts and will start the build process as soon as the last remaining parts come in.

Questions, Comments, or general Hate are all Welcomed!

Its a 2007 JK 2 door, been stripped down quite a bit, I havent gotten it on a scale yet but my goal is 4K lbs empty. 3.8l V6 6 speed manual transmission. 241OR 4:1 Transfer case.

I'm sorry, I didnt realize you could read minds, see the future, or knew who i was or what I liked. you must make crazy amounts of money with those skills...next please.
:gay: :gtfo:

AdamMannis said:
I'm sorry, I didnt realize you could read minds, see the future, or knew who i was or what I liked. you must make crazy amounts of money with those skills...next please.
:gay: :gtfo:

So i have to ask.....what was your reason for starting this thread? Do you get some sort of personal gratification from "haters"?

Grow up because your shits about to blow up..... after you spend big money on a bling D30. They're generally weak by design and made for mall crawlers, accept it and build a real axle...I made an axle sale recently. Toyota axles sold to go under a JK.

I like proving douchy know-it-alls wrong mostly is why I am building it. I made the thread because I'm sure there are some people interested and wondering the the same thing. It may very well fail the first day out. But i think otherwise and I dont mind spending the money to prove it. I like the clearance and weight of the D30 and I fully believe with the set up im working on it will do exactly what i want it to. if im right ill have a great axle for a decent price, If im wrong I'll put the stock axle back under it and start over with a 9".

AdamMannis said:
I like proving douchy know-it-alls wrong mostly is why I am building it. I made the thread because I'm sure there are some people interested and wondering the the same thing. It may very well fail the first day out. But i think otherwise and I dont mind spending the money to prove it. I like the clearance and weight of the D30 and I fully believe with the set up im working on it will do exactly what i want it to. if im right ill have a great axle for a decent price, If im wrong I'll put the stock axle back under it and start over with a 9".

I liked this thread at first, then you go and turn into a **** head. Piper has been wheeling a JK for a while and was just giving his opinion.

I am a ****, alot, spending time on forums tends to make me that way, but this thread isn't about me its about the axle build, follow if you wish, bash if you must, but it will continue until I have results. If you want to discuss what i am doing in regards to this topic i am more than happy to do, but if you wanna just through idiocy around as fact, I'm gunna call it out in a heart beat. I honestly did not direct the "Douchy know-it-all" comment at any of you guys although i can see how it might have been taken that way.

Jeezus, so many cunts posting on one Friday! It ain't even Friday the 13th! Redneck lights was not being a douche by saying you won't like 4:88's, you are just geared to take any comment as being douchey. Feel free to take mine that way, because I already don't like you, regardless of what axle you are finger-****ing.

TacomaJD said:
Jeezus, so many cunts posting on one Friday! It ain't even Friday the 13th! Redneck lights was not being a douche by saying you won't like 4:88's, you are just geared to take any comment as being douchey. Feel free to take mine that way, because I already don't like you, regardless of what axle you are finger-****ing.

thanks, bro! thumb.gif

Oooh, look at my super badass dana 30 build, oh and my mall Jeep is named the rock lobster, I'm a douchey internet mythbuster, look at me.....

649c83c3c1c6a8cecd85fdf2a5082a71.jpg

TacomaJD said:
Oooh, look at my super badass dana 30 build, oh and my mall Jeep is named the rock lobster, I'm a douchey internet mythbuster, look at me.....

649c83c3c1c6a8cecd85fdf2a5082a71.jpg

cool you found an old pic of my Jeep, I hadn't seen that one in a while thanks for the memory refresh.

I do have to say thanks though, You guys are keeping my post popular, all kinds of people are stopping by to check it out. and again if any of you wanna actually discuss the build let me know. but hey im pretty easy going, talk amongst your selves if you want.

Re:

Why not build it bash it then post up some pics. Just because you wheel it and don't break it whats that mean to most here?

I'm a believer in cryo treatment, it's worked for my R&P on my HP 60 but, I'm not so much of a believer in the Dana 30. Your money, your toy. Good luck!!! You will probably need it.

Re:

ranger11 said:
Why not build it bash it then post up some pics. Just because you wheel it and don't break it whats that mean to most here?

I figure I'll do a before and after, and since I'm new to this particular forum, i really don't know what that means to those here. but im seeing quickly.

cjunknxs said:
I'm a believer in cryo treatment, it's worked for my R&P on my HP 60 but, I'm not so much of a believer in the Dana 30. Your money your toy. Good luck!!! You will probably need it.

Its very possible, but won't it be cool if I'm right?

Status
Not open for further replies.