• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

02 duramax Speedometer issue

nate8887

I just bought a 02 Duramax well turns out the previos owner had 35's on it and now it has 32's. I need to recalibrate my truck and called tacoma speedometer. they told me to by the superchips p/n 2806. So my question is I currently have a bully dog outlook. What should I do what are my options. Does anyone have a Superchips Tirepac I can use?

They cant because I guess they can only reflash it to stock and with a 4inch straight pipe and intake the truck would run like **** on stock settings.

The outlook allows you to change the tire size on its little monitiring system but not on the actual truck. Unless someone else knows how to do it. I called the power shop in enumclaw and they told me to take it to the dealership and have it reflashed. So I made an appt.

Get EFI Live, and ditch the tuner on craigslist. You will be able to change any setting on the truck, inlcuding speedometer, it also has many of the same features of tech II. It's money well spent if you plan on keeping the truck for a while, not to mention you can use it on all the newer GM vehicles, and now i hear dodges with cummins are doable too. It comes with 2 licenses, use one on your duramax, and sell the other one to a buddy and load him a tune to make back some of your money.

A new snap on scan tool can do it. You go into the R&P section and you can either change the gear ratio or in my case I was able to change the tire size to get it on the money.

I just bought a 02 Duramax well turns out the previos owner had 35's on it and now it has 32's. I need to recalibrate my truck and called tacoma speedometer. they told me to by the superchips p/n 2806. So my question is I currently have a bully dog outlook. What should I do what are my options. Does anyone have a Superchips Tirepac I can use?

You can change tire size via tech 2 in the EBCM. If you were closer I could hook you up.

You can change tire size via tech 2 in the EBCM. If you were closer I could hook you up.

Will that reset the TCM also? Hear is the issue it is having. The speedo is off and only when I get on it it shifts late until I let off the throttle and then it will shift. I have read that the allison has a cold shift that delays shifting to warm up the cab do you think maybe that it might not be sensing the engine temp?

Get EFI Live, and ditch the tuner on craigslist. You will be able to change any setting on the truck, inlcuding speedometer, it also has many of the same features of tech II. It's money well spent if you plan on keeping the truck for a while, not to mention you can use it on all the newer GM vehicles, and now i hear dodges with cummins are doable too. It comes with 2 licenses, use one on your duramax, and sell the other one to a buddy and load him a tune to make back some of your money.

I want to grab EFI live but it is $1100 Ill talk to my lady and see what she says LOL.

Will that reset the TCM also? Hear is the issue it is having. The speedo is off and only when I get on it it shifts late until I let off the throttle and then it will shift. I have read that the allison has a cold shift that delays shifting to warm up the cab do you think maybe that it might not be sensing the engine temp?

Without checking for codes anything is a guess. But you have to remember its not only the speedo thats off--all inputs regarding vehicle speed (ECM/TCM) will also be off.

As for delayed shift its hard to tell because depending on just "how" late the shift really is.

We have had so very few issues with that trans.

Without checking for codes anything is a guess. But you have to remember its not only the speedo thats off--all inputs regarding vehicle speed (ECM/TCM) will also be off.

As for delayed shift its hard to tell because depending on just "how" late the shift really is.

We have had so very few issues with that trans.

That brings a really big relief to me. Yeah it is only like a 2 second delay but it is noticeable and definitely made me start worrying.

That brings a really big relief to me. Yeah it is only like a 2 second delay but it is noticeable and definitely made me start worrying.

Have you driven another one to compare it? 2 second delay--no worries there. Now if it was like 5-8 seconds then I would be concerned.

Have you driven another one to compare it? 2 second delay--no worries there. Now if it was like 5-8 seconds then I would be concerned.

Yeah I have driven a couple. Never felt anything like that though. I guess ill find out in the A.M. and Ill report back. Thanks for the help Crash.

Are you sure its not the bully dog messing stuff up? Does the bully dog let you set it back to stock tune? I'd try that and see if the problems go away. My 06 has a banks intake and Magnaflow exhaust with stock tune and doesn't have any problems so I wouldn't worry about your intake and exhaust mods causing problems on a stock tune.

What did they do?

Reflashed everything back to stock settings. They made it the largest tire size they could Being I am running 32" tires so I still need to get a aftermarket programmer to make it perfect but it is much better. Also got all the maintance records for the truck and a full engine scan No other issues and all recalls were performed and injectors were changed at 90,000.