• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

08 Dodge & Cummins 6.7l Heads up!!

Dewey

There are a lot of other issues with this motor if you do a search on the net, from codes limiting horsepower to emissions control modules...

today I spent 4 1/2 hours at the dodge dealership for a clogged fuel pump, injectors and filter, and the catalyst eventually shut truck down because the codes it sent to the computer saying it was full.

They speculated it was bio diesel and they said that the Dodge Warranty does not cover service related work due to Bio Diesel, even though the owners manual says it is safe to use 5-10% ....the problem is I have never used Bio diesel in the truck Except the small amount of residue left in the auxillary tank I purchased and cleaned out.

Dealership was really helpful with information and really nice to deal with, and the technician knew his stuff, from the service managers information this guy has been a tech for over 20 years and been there longer than anyone else in the company..

Ive been real happy with the truck and 6.7l cummins until this morning....cannot believe that they wouldnt think about these issues before releasing the "NEW" motor.

yea, it's all pretty well known around here, and like you said, everywhere on the internet. When the duramax came out, it had issues, 6 liter ford, yeup, issues. And with the new emissions needed that clog up the entire engine compartment. It's happened again.

I remember when a friends Dad bought a brand new 94 ram, lifted it and put it on 35's. Coolest truck i had seen from the factory. And sounded damn cool with the cummins. He had 12k worth a warranty work done in the first 6 months.

Dewey, what dealership was that? Sounds like they were good to work with. I have an 08 with the 6.7L and so far it's been trouble free for almost 8K miles.

I've also got a 07 with the 6.7L and am wondering where you went to get such good service.

Also, I

Well you are only getting started with those miles :D :D I ve got 45,000 on her and still runs great with the exception of this instance... These motors are being rated for a 3-500,000 mile life expectancy before an overhaul. The key is to drive these things hard (the motor was designed to work hard not driven stupid :D ) they are the best out there right now and it wont be long before the other big boys start copying them.

The dealership I went to was Lithia Dodge in Medford, OR , but if you go to Enumclaw Dodge and deal with Josh it will be just as good (in my experience).

These motors are being rated for a 3-500,000 mile life expectancy before an overhaul. The key is to drive these things hard (the motor was designed to work hard not driven stupid :D ) they are the best out there right now and it wont be long before the other big boys start copying them.

Sounds like a normal cummins to me... The old one's are rated for the same mileage...

How many years has dodge had the cummins? Going on 20 years now...

A buddy told me that he had his truck dyno tested and "PURE STOCK" it was putting 300 hp at the rear wheels. That is amazing!!:awesomework:

Nothing too exciting there... Just about all the tow rigs on here make more than that...

300 at the wheels? Are the 6.7's running 40 more horse then the 5.9's? I am like 185 at the wheels. So anything is an improvement.

And if the others wanted to "Copy" cummins. They would have done that decades ago.

300 at the wheels? Are the 6.7's running 40 more horse then the 5.9's? I am like 185 at the wheels. So anything is an improvement.

And if the others wanted to "Copy" cummins. They would have done that decades ago.

Don't know what it actually is at the wheels, but all the Dodge marketing propaganda says it makes 350 hp and 650 tq.

if they're rated 350 at the flywheel, then I don't see 300 being off.. My truck was rated 235 at the flywheel and they get 180-185 on the dyno.