• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1.25 Heims

I am genuinely curious...

Has anyone actually broken a 1.25 heim? I don't mean "bent the shank" i mean...rod end totally broken apart and link falling out.

do you have pictures of the heim itself? I am curious to how it broke?

I am running 1.25s everywhere on my buggy except the front uppers which run 7/8 at the chassis since 1.25s would make packaging nearly impossible. 3/4 bolts everywhere.

Yes, but we are also the only 2 in the world . On the same ride .. Ever... :wtflol:.. Them angel hair threads suck balls. But tha heim is a diff animal. This guy here will never buy any Rebuildable joint again... And I agree with the statement Matt made. Non bouncer+1.25= over kill. Just what I need. :woot:

TJTJ said:
Casey you and I both know enduros blow! Keepin an eye on this thread so I don't make a joint mistake again

A heim joint is one of the only kinda joints Casey isn't an expert on. :rolf: :smoke:

It broke where the threads start next to the big end. Clean break. No pics; we welded it back together to get out of the woods. Have also bent two others.

slravenel said:
I am genuinely curious...

Has anyone actually broken a 1.25 heim? I don't mean "bent the shank" i mean...rod end totally broken apart and link falling out.

I watched Carl Langerhans break 1 pre-running for a Dirt Riot race then bend another.

I have bent a few but never actually broken any in half. My problem was wearing them out quick.

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO

Another factor to consider is the actual quality control of the rod end. Tolerances in the teflon coating, how each end is machined and threaded. The budget companies do not have much, if any, quality control so the threads may fit loose in an insert or a tapped link for example. Or they will wear prematurely. QA1 is ISO9000 certified so every rod end or insert or anything is to spec. If you want to know more about QA1 quality we wrote a blog earlier this month about it actually.

http://www.wideopendesign.com/News/79/QA1-Rod-Ends-and-Parts-Industry-Leader-in-Quality.aspx

QA1 Rebuildable Rock Ends

a good option for suspension rod ends are the QA1 Rebuildable Bearing Rock Ends. Rock Ends are available with bearing inserts in male and weldable sleeve configurations. They offer up to an unprecedented 44° of misalignment, while most competitors offer only 30°. The Rock Ends are also injected with the exclusive high strength Nylon/PTFE compound for self-lubrication and longevity. They are designed for the hardest of the hard-core racers, builders, fabricators and off road powerhouses.
qa1rockend.jpg

Re: QA1 Rebuildable Rock Ends

WideOpenDesign said:

a good option for suspension rod ends are the QA1 Rebuildable Bearing Rock Ends. Rock Ends are available with bearing inserts in male and weldable sleeve configurations. They offer up to an unprecedented 44° of misalignment, while most competitors offer only 30°. The Rock Ends are also injected with the exclusive high strength Nylon/PTFE compound for self-lubrication and longevity. They are designed for the hardest of the hard-core racers, builders, fabricators and off road powerhouses.
qa1rockend.jpg

I have these in the 1.25 form on the rear and after many years of abuse they are still tight and have never made a noise.

Re:

Damnit Stevo. If they hold up to your right foot, then I may have to drop coin

Kel Lawrence