• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1 Ton YJ Build

Kinda one of those Ironic terms I guess :haha:

It's called slick rock from back when people traveled on horse back, the horses had troubles walking on it, their hoves couln't grip the gritty surface. Theres your history lesson for the day:flipoff:

Oh and the Jeep looks bad ass.

I guess I didn't realize there was a pillow block in play...I'm sure Jonathan mentioned it but I must have spaced it:looser: Clockin the 300 flat caused the need for said pillow block I'm assuming?Angles look alot like mine....got any vibes?

I must have missed something. why is the pillow block necessary? It looks like a d300 pass drop clocked up. I ran this on a th400 and had no issues requiring a pillowblock. No critisism just curious.

I guess I didn't realize there was a pillow block in play...I'm sure Jonathan mentioned it but I must have spaced it:looser: Clockin the 300 flat caused the need for said pillow block I'm assuming?Angles look alot like mine....got any vibes?

Yes clocking it flat in combination with a D60 that was only narrowed on the longside required the pillow block because the driveshaft would hit the bellhousing. It will vibrate at higher speeds, very similar to yours when I rode with you...

I must have missed something. why is the pillow block necessary? It looks like a d300 pass drop clocked up. I ran this on a th400 and had no issues requiring a pillowblock. No critisism just curious.

See above...

How tall did yours sit? If mine was taller it wouldnt be so much of an issue, I know you were narrow, did you narrow both sides?

Last edited:
What length shocks are you running? My heep isnt together enough yet to flex and measure but it would give me a ballpark to keep an eye out on craigslist or ebay :)

Last edited:
14" travel in the front, 12 in the rear

How come you have more travel in the front than the rear, is there some advantage to more flex in the front than rear ?

Just curious because i'm running 15" travels for the rear and only 10" up front.
my coils are the only thinkg limiting me up front for now.

hit me up if you ever need any help hit me up :awesomework:

Last edited:
Nice lookin jeep man, ya did a great job.

Can you post pictures of the ram and the steering setup?

Ill try to find them and upload them or go take some for ya.

How come you have more travel in the front than the rear, is there some advantage to more flex in the front than rear ?

With leafs you usually have more articulation in the front. I have my rear shocks inboarded so I can run shorter shocks than the front.

It's not like it matters what length you have. If you have leafs, the odds are you'll never use any more than 10 to 12 inchs anyways. No matter where you mount them.

No doubt, He had goodies quite awhile ago

no doubt.....I heard that he "may have" removed (GASP)the leaf springs from one end or the other in favor of a suspension design from the 1900's...

****IN A!!!!:fawkdancesmiley:

I also heard that he has gotten with his fancy friend ,thesamiamdownwiththeprogram, and they have manipulated the tube and brought the rockers up to speed.......................only a rumor though.With no updates......everything is speculation!!!

Look at that approach angle!!:011::011:

so which day this week are you taking off so you can get it finished for the weekend:redneck: