• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

11 Spline

Pony-boy

I have an axle that looks like a Yota rear,
Has Yota looking Drums
Yota 3rd.

I am wondering what axle it is because it has an 11 spline
pinion shaft.

If it is Yota what year is it, and out of what Truck?

Offset pumpkin??? Sounds like you may have an FJ housing...I believe the early stuff had 11 spline pinions...There's upgrades to 30spline (IIRC) for em. If it is offset pumpkin, I'm interested in it...:awesomework:

In 78-79 they went to fine spline pinions from the factory, all the aftermarket gear sets for Cruisers are fine spline also so it is pretty easy to get rid of the course spline stuff.

Hi All:

Land Cruisers used coarse (ten) spline pinion shafts up to 1978 in the US-market vehicles. 1979 and newer had fine-spline pinions (30 spline?)

Bear in mind that the 1968 and older Land Cruisers used ten-spline axle shafts, while the 1969 and newer trucks had 30-spline 'shafts.

Regards,

Alan

It sounds like you might have a 78' or older course spline 2wd pickup 8" rear diff (yes they did make them), most were 7.5" but there were a few 8" rears also in different ratios in the 3.**-4.** range and they will bolt into the 8", 4wd front and rear housings.

Picture would help a ton. There were centered Land Cruiser axles from '57ish to '63 that would have had the 10-spline pinion. The parts would all be similar to a truck axle (but bigger) and there would be a removable diff cover.

Latest posts