• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

12 volt air compressor

03RUBICON said:
Lets try to pretend you did not say that out loud :looser: PUMA=K-mart crap.

Anyway Oasis makes a 12 volt that runs a york compressor with something similar to a starter motor they pump BIG air. Cost a lot however. www.oasisoffroad.com/p4.html

For $200, it a great compressor! I've got one hardmounted under the hood with the tank next to the driveline. It fill 35's from 5psi to 28psi in about ten minutes for all 4 tires. Puts out more air than ANY Viair and is half the price.:flipoff:

SUPAFLY said:
For $200, it a great compressor! I've got one hardmounted under the hood with the tank next to the driveline. It fill 35's from 5psi to 28psi in about ten minutes for all 4 tires. Puts out more air than ANY Viair and is half the price.:flipoff:

Yeah FiFo has a puma in the back of his short bus. He is always done filling his tires before me. They do take up some space though. I give him crap for having a "shop compressor" in the back of his XJ.

SUPAFLY said:

That link I left on the previous page is for a Vivar with a diffrent name on it cheaper than a PUMA. If you couple that to a storage tank it will hang with your PUMA, be much quiter. Not to mention it's WAY smaller.
it's great that you like your PUMA I just don't think it's the best way for most of us to go as we want to spare weight and space.

I took my York 210, mounted it to a bracket, but a sprocket on the drive and use a SBC starter to run it. It makes MAD!!!!air. It will out run my 4hp 20gal. shop compressor hands down.:awesomework: :awesomework:

Here's mine. Ready aire.

picture.JPG