• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

12v Cummins Problems

stock 12v rpms are different thru the years and what trans it came with,for instance a 1994 auto truck is done at 2300-2400ish... yet a 96-98 5 speed truck will rev to 2800-2900ish in stock form, so when ya go swapping gov springs you really need the 4k kit for the late 5 speed trucks to gain anything. the 3k kit works good on autos..

After doing some reading and talking with REAL people, since the internet crowd doesn't seem to have any interest or input, I have reconsidered putting ceramic pads on a tow rig.

I pulled the ceramic pads and replaced them with Carbon Metallic pads from Performance Friction and they are actually made in the USA.

If anyone has a second gen Dodge these are normally $80 pads and I found a vendor on Ebay with a bunch of them for $15 a set. I ordered a few sets.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Met...m3d82c141c9:g:B7gAAOSwUYhcXZPK&frcectupt=true

After doing some reading and talking with REAL people, since the internet crowd doesn't seem to have any interest or input, I have reconsidered putting ceramic pads on a tow rig.

I pulled the ceramic pads and replaced them with Carbon Metallic pads from Performance Friction and they are actually made in the USA.

If anyone has a second gen Dodge these are normally $80 pads and I found a vendor on Ebay with a bunch of them for $15 a set. I ordered a few sets.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Met...m3d82c141c9:g:B7gAAOSwUYhcXZPK&frcectupt=true

Why?

Not as much stopping power as SM pads and they will overheat and cook your rotors.

Ceramics make less dust and last longer and are easier on your rotors. Perfect for a zippy car or everyday driver thats not real heavy. They tolerate heat, but also make more heat if used on a heavy rig. Ive heard of them turning rotors on motor homes blue.

Semi Metallics are harder on rotors and make lots of dust, but they stop well. They dont tolerate heat as well as ceramic, but they also dont make as much heat if not over loaded/used.

Ceramics also like to be used "warm" like in a rig thats on and off the brakes like a track car or commuter. They dont like to run for 30 miles of cool country towing and then have to be used cold and quickly, as in a panick stop for elk.

Supposedly the Carbon Metallics are supposed to be the best of both worlds. So I decided to try them. They had great reviews and were USA made. Even the box they came in was lined with foam like a box for fine instruments. They are very nice looking, not like parts store cheapies that look like they are stamped out of crap.

Time will tell.

Great choice on the pads brad. The only thing that stop my truck camper and large boat consistently while driving like its a racecar

brad i have used those same pads on 3 different dodges..best pads ever! the warmer they get the better they stop! i bought my last set from that guy on ebay.. you will be happy with them. first couple stops of the day arent great,but once a little heat happens all is good.

Not as much stopping power as SM pads and they will overheat and cook your rotors.

Ceramics make less dust and last longer and are easier on your rotors. Perfect for a zippy car or everyday driver thats not real heavy. They tolerate heat, but also make more heat if used on a heavy rig. Ive heard of them turning rotors on motor homes blue.

Semi Metallics are harder on rotors and make lots of dust, but they stop well. They dont tolerate heat as well as ceramic, but they also dont make as much heat if not over loaded/used.

Ceramics also like to be used "warm" like in a rig thats on and off the brakes like a track car or commuter. They dont like to run for 30 miles of cool country towing and then have to be used cold and quickly, as in a panick stop for elk.

Supposedly the Carbon Metallics are supposed to be the best of both worlds. So I decided to try them. They had great reviews and were USA made. Even the box they came in was lined with foam like a box for fine instruments. They are very nice looking, not like parts store cheapies that look like they are stamped out of crap.

Time will tell.

I gotcha..that makes sense.

brad i have used those same pads on 3 different dodges..best pads ever! the warmer they get the better they stop! i bought my last set from that guy on ebay.. you will be happy with them. first couple stops of the day arent great,but once a little heat happens all is good.

Thats good to hear on both accounts. 1, performance. 2, about the vendor on ebay. :awesomework: