• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1310 vs 1330

I wonder if we could get Bobby Long to break a toyota joint, a 1310, a 1350 and a 1410 on his stuff breaking machine so we could put the whole toyota is as strong as 1410 thing to bed once and for all.

I wonder if we could get Bobby Long to break a toyota joint, a 1310, a 1350 and a 1410 on his stuff breaking machine so we could put the whole toyota is as strong as 1410 thing to bed once and for all.
I will never in a minute beleive that a yota joint and shaft is stronger than a driveline with 1410 or a 1350 joint for that matter not going to happen.:eeek: If Bobby would prove it then I would beleive.... untill then it is just a myth. :beer:

i didnt pull that stuff outta my ass. i got(read) it from some mag article.
supposedly the yota joint operates at a higher angle, and breaks at a higher torque. thats why they make the flange for the d60's.

personally, i dono. but i do know, that ive NEVER had a yota joint fail. the ones in my truck, and 4runner are original, the truck has 230k, and the 4runner has about 240k or so....

Yota joints will eat a 1310, 1350, but not a 1410.:D

I have never said a stock toyota joint will out perform a stock 2.5 (1410) ton joint.:eeek:

1410s are beef. I went a size bigger and found the yokes will split open before the joint failed, so I went back to a 1410 and havent ever broke one, or the yoke.:beer:

I have some pics for fun also. coming in a minute.:cheer:

toyota joints have such a good rap cause their owners blow out ring and pinions so much they dont give the driveline a chance to see any real load :flipoff:

toyota joints have such a good rap cause their owners blow out ring and pinions so much they dont give the driveline a chance to see any real load :flipoff:

Watched a guy at the hammers break off the rear output of his toyota tcase and broke the snout off of his ford 9inch and twisted (only twisted square shaft Ive ever seen) his 2x2 .250 wall square dshaft.

Funny part was out of all those burly parts the only thing intact was BOTH toyota ujoints and yokes.:corn:

Odie will back that story up, so will Bobby:cheer:

But yes, cute joke about the ring gears:beer:

Actually toy joints are VERy strong. You have to rememeber the cross has a decent thickness to it and the cross distance from cap to cap is small. So you have little material between the caps to fail. Have known many a guys with toy joints who have flogged the crap out of there stuff and never broken one.

Here ya go, 4:27 have pics :awesomework:

Heres the shitty dana spicer CV with a toyota flange that is always plugged on TV and in the MAGS. I have seen alot of these with Tom Woods stickers also.

It was a couple hundred bucks and lasted a couple months. It was on a toyota with a whooped 20r and 4 inch marlin springs.

Attachments

• new 081.jpg
    new 081.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 78
  • new 080.jpg
    new 080.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 86
  • new 082.jpg
    new 082.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 78
I've never had a 1310 in my Jeep fail either...so what does that prove?
u just cant help yourself..can you?

nice chop on my quote too.:flipoff:

you wanna know what it proves, it proves ive NEVER had a yota joint fail, just like i TYPED. open your ****ing eyes, and stop being such a douchebag all the time.

edit: your name suits you well:fawkdancesmiley:

Last edited:
1... First one is a toyota CV against a stock chevy flange. Plenty of room to drill a pattern.:awesomework:

2... Second is toyota conversion CV against a chevy flange.

3... Third is a spicer 1310 flanged yoke against a toyota CV. Real close.

4... Same as third, different view.

5... Fifth is a 1350 flanged yoke againts a toyota CV. Still close enough to turn 90 degrees and drill a new set of holes in the flange.:awesomework:

Attachments

• new 088.jpg
    new 088.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 71
  • new 089.jpg
    new 089.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 72
  • new 090.jpg
    new 090.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 74
  • new 091.jpg
    new 091.jpg