• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

14 bolt steer axle or HP60

collinmaune

I have a buggy that I built about a year or so ago. Hp60 with reid racing inner c's retubed axle .5 dom tubing. Chromoly shafts etc. Since the buggy market isn't really there how it was before I'm thinking of parting some of the buggy out for my new build. Strength wise build a 14 bolt or put 40 splines in the existing HP 60? Motor wise I'm looking at a 408 or 416 stroker motor so 550-600 depending on heads and compression. I've only heard good things about the Hp60s and see a lot of people beat the hell out of them.

No I'm not breaking it which is why i would rather just gather parts to do a 40 spline down the road.

The biggest problem I was gonna run into was making a 14 bolt fit in the front of mine and keep the suspension travel and angles the same. If you do run into a problem with the 60 have rcv treat the gears
Makes them stronger than the housing :****:

This what I've been pitching around too how to make a 60 bulletproof so to say. Anyway to save the housing

Cracksrubi said:
This what I've been pitching around too how to make a 60 bulletproof so to say. Anyway to save the housing
Well Fyi a lp 60 housing is the weakest link! :woot:

With all the research I did before I went the direction I did you can get an hp 70 custom chunk with a load bolt made in. Problem you run into is the a availibility of gear ratios. Adding a load bolt to an hp gear set is a waste Imo because the gears are sucking together instead of deflecting. IF you break a gears set I would heat and cryo. I'm telling you I was very impressed. I wish I would have done that without the 76. Grinding the housing to fit the bigger stuff was the downhill spiral