• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

14bolt

Budget YJ

Building a 14bolt for ecors racing.

Would you stay with the stock axles or replace with chromoly?? :dunno:

Going to run a spool.

Front will be a dana 60 with rcv's and detroit. :woot: :woot:

Either run stock or upgrade to 300M. Spidertrax, Ouverson and C&M machine all make 300m replacements.

14bolt stockers are strong as hell. How many has anyone broke? And for $5 to $10 a piece spares are CHEAP!!!! And if you run the Full Float then they are EASY to swap.

B Gillespie said:
CTM double splined 300M "drive home" shafts for the true pimps.

:tc

Exactly like the spidertrax, ouverson and C&M shafts. The Ouverson and spidertrax shafts or 30 spline at the carrier and either 40 or 37 spline at the drive slug.

Cole said:
Exactly like the spidertrax, ouverson and C&M shafts. The Ouverson and spidertrax shafts or 30 spline at the carrier and either 40 or 37 spline at the drive slug.

Truth. However, you can also get a 40 spline ARB from Jack and run 40 spline on both ends. :woody:

KINGSNAKE said:
about what does a set of the run?

No clue. Stock shafts, used gears, and a used Detroit are what I'll be running until I don't have to write tuition checks. :****:

CTM Racing Products
3041 Industry St
Suite B
Oceanside
California 92054
United States
http://www.ctmracing.com

Edit: Spidertrax is selling 4340 shafts for $500 and 300M for $900. Not sure how much extra the drive flanges will be.

InDaShop said:
14bolt stockers are strong as hell. How many has anyone broke? And for $5 to $10 a piece spares are CHEAP!!!! And if you run the Full Float then they are EASY to swap.

I have seen Jimmy break one...RR...cabin hill.

I agree with Wyatt stock is cheap and strong but if your running a detroit and break a shaft it will prolly take the detroit out also, so ya the replacement shaft is cheap but the detorit isnt as cheap. I think most people dont break stock 14B shafts

I have seen countless 14 bolt shafts break. With that said I am going to run stock shafts in mine and upgrade if needed.

thats what I meant by cheap. $5-10 vs. hundreds of dollars for a shaft that is how much stronger? :dunno:

If the C&M's are $900 for the set, thats 90 stock shafts @ $10 a pop. You think you could break 90 shafts?
Its one thing when you are breaking a shaft everytime out on the gas, but stock 14b shafts are pretty damn strong. I know people break them, I'm not saying they are indestructible or anything like that, but its fairly rare IMO.

Travis is right its that damn locking collar on the Detroit thats going to get expensive. $130 a pop I thought for that damn little piece. Thats still 6 of them before you eclipse the cost of blingin shafts.

I'd like to see some destructive strength testing on the stocks vs. the chromo's

Thanks for the info :****:

That was why I was talking about going with a spool. :woot: :woot:

I've already had my run in with a detroit and wont ever buy another one :flipper:ever :flipoff1:

Broke an axle in my front destroyed the side and middle gear!!

They wanted $60 less than the cost of a new locker :flipper: :flipper:

You could get a Yukon Grizzly locker for the 14 Bolt. There not "suppose" to break if a shaft breaks and they even got a pretty good warranty if one does break. I quick google search showed there easily found under 400 bucks.Might be a option. Or put a spool in like you said.