• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

15s or 17s

dobber

Its time for some new rims and tires. I will be upgrading to beadlocks. Either going with trail readys or the new poison spyder ones, not sure yet and a 39-42in tire. The question is should I stay at a 15inch rim or go up to a 17. Would there be any benifits or disadvantages of going to a 17? Thanks.

22's are what the cool kids are running:fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley:

I say stick with 15's. More tire options and tires will be easier to come by if ya need one in a bind.

15's would be good but i think the new SX is goingt o be 17's only. It might cost more per regular tire for the 17's but when ya get up in size it might pay off. Dno though.

most of the new tires are available in 17's and most sticky's are 17's or bigger.

When its time to get new beadlocks, I'm getting 17's

17s will give you more room for bigger brakes to stop those big tires,way less sidewall flex, and also the ability to run those sticky tires like all the cool kids have.:awesomework:
Fixed it for my still living in the 60s friend Pokey.:D

Wow it looks like everybody is on with 17s, that means it will soon change to something different....

Did I say 17s? I meant to say 18s, yeah thats it, 18s. 15s are old news, 17s are so today, but 18s and you've got something there! :haha:

Wow it looks like everybody is on with 17s, that means it will soon change to something different....

Did I say 17s? I meant to say 18s, yeah thats it, 18s. 15s are old news, 17s are so today, but 18s and you've got something there! :haha:

Hell with that, I'm going straight to 32s. :D

I have 15s and I am definitely going to 17s. Like porter said less sidewall deflection and a better tread compound available to you. Besides they look better.

Latest posts