• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

16.5" wheels

Chevyjoe

do 16.5" wheels require a double beadlock to keep the tire on or will you be fine with just the outer locked? i know they have the smaller lip or bead holder and beadlocks are the only way to go if you plan on airin down but what about the inner lip? tires come off there too? thanks

I'm not an expert but from what I've seen you will benifit with a double beadlock like a H-1 rim..

I've seen way too many 16.5's blow the inner bead.
I hope this helped ya out:hi:

i run 16.5s with only the outer locked...havent lost an inner yet. and one of my buddys has been running them for a long time and has only lost a couple inner beads over the years..your still better witha double beadlock if you can..

i run 16.5s with only the outer locked...havent lost an inner yet. and one of my buddys has been running them for a long time and has only lost a couple inner beads over the years..your still better witha double beadlock if you can..

How low(psi) can you safely go sean ?

the problem i have is getting a set of double beadlocks that are recentered (so theyll fit on sw axles) for the price of DIY locks for a lets say 15in wheel. what about lockin only the outer ring and puttin that glue they use for rusted wheels to hold the bead on, on the inner bead? would that be enough? i doubt i would go lower than 5 psi ...

the problem i have is getting a set of double beadlocks that are recentered (so theyll fit on sw axles) for the price of DIY locks for a lets say 15in wheel. what about lockin only the outer ring and puttin that glue they use for rusted wheels to hold the bead on, on the inner bead? would that be enough? i doubt i would go lower than 5 psi ...
2" or 3" wheel spacers are cheaper and easier than recentering a set of H1's. Well, maybe easier, probably a wash on the $$ depending on what you use for a center. But a HELL of alot easier, and your not bending centers, dealing with custom work.... and when you change wheels in the future, your axles are at the correct width already......

Or build up and inner safety bead like Binder did.