• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

18" air shocks on jeep tj

98_tj

Has anyone ran 18" air shocks on a jeep tj body? If so did you keep the back frame? Tube chassis on the back? How long of links for a 4 link with triangulated uppers?
I am just about to start my 1ton axle swap on my tj, i will be running ~2006 super duty axles.

My jeep is got 18" air shocks.
72632282e3edce8d28c9fc88cebbfa15.jpg

I didn't build it but the shocks mounts on the rear are frenched ( think that's the right term for it) into the frame.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Are you going to stretch it? I don't see you using all of that stroke with anything close to a stock wheelbase. Unless you already have them, it seems like they would be a waste.

Mine is stretched to 105", back halved with tube and I only use 14" air shocks in the rear. Plenty of down travel, and about 4" of uptravel. High pinion rear 60 and I never bind.
0f8d1479a6fb05ad473dbbf9e1d8154e.jpg

Mine is sitting at 112", frame is chopped off right at the top of the upturn, its a yj not a tj, but close. I just tubed out the rear and stepped it in far enough so that the shocks would clear, running 18" 2.5 fox airs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Re: Re: 18" air shocks on jeep tj

09zkrankin said:
Mine is sitting at 112", frame is chopped off right at the top of the upturn, its a yj not a tj, but close. I just tubed out the rear and stepped it in far enough so that the shocks would clear, running 18" 2.5 fox airs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Do you have any pictures?

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk