• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

180 degree headers??

xjpaddler

just trying to make sure im understanding this rite.

when building them they go in the fireing order, correct??

You separate the cylinders that fire after each other on the same bank so that you don't have two exhaust pulses hit the collector at the "same" time. On a SBC/BBC these are 8/4 and 5/7 (firing order 18436572). To do 180 headers you would bring the middle tubes from one side into a collector with the outer tubes from the other side. One collector will have 1/7/4/6 and the other will have 2/8/5/3.

This picture may help:
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Schoenfeld-Headers-180-1-Small-Block-Chevy-180-Degree-Headers,3517.html

You would use a smaller collector to increase mid-range torque (since the larger collector is no longer need to accommodate the back to back pulses). The longer tubes usually needed to fit these also improves mid range (at the expense of upper rpm power, depending on primary length and max rpm).

greenlion said:
You separate the cylinders that fire after each other on the same bank so that you don't have two exhaust pulses hit the collector at the "same" time. On a SBC/BBC these are 8/4 and 5/7 (firing order 18436572). To do 180 headers you would bring the middle tubes from one side into a collector with the outer tubes from the other side. One collector will have 1/7/4/6 and the other will have 2/8/5/3.

This picture may help:
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Schoenfeld-Headers-180-1-Small-Block-Chevy-180-Degree-Headers,3517.html

You would use a smaller collector to increase mid-range torque (since the larger collector is no longer need to accommodate the back to back pulses). The longer tubes usually needed to fit these also improves mid range (at the expense of upper rpm power, depending on primary length and max rpm).

holy **** that's cheap for headers. Just let the passenger suck some fumes and run those! laughing1

thanks for the info guys, i think were gonna stay with a conventional header. this is a trail rig and not just a hill killer, so keeping the heat further away from the driver would be best!!

Lauderdale said:
Just called them up they said, "No Sir we don't." :wtflol:
:-[ Sorry,either I was lied to or I misunderstood what i was told :dunno: Either way I have a set of their 180s for a sbc and can't wait to hear them! booyang

Lauderdale said:
I've looked into crossovers, I'm far from needing exhaust, I may just build some 180's myself. How do crossovers perform and sound?

I have seen quite a few race teams use them but I don't know anything about exhaust performance personally.

Lots of buggies showing up with 180 headers on ls engines, are they all custom building them or is someone offering them now?

My 180 headers exit the passenger fender so it's not as hot on the passenger

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180715-112920.jpg
    Screenshot_20180715-112920.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 141