• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Headers on SBC 350

e4cutler

Had an exhaust leak on the jeep so I pulled the headers to change out the gasket and found the port on the header was oval while the port on the motor was square. I measured the ports on both and the header port is 1/8" narrow than the motor port left to right and 1/16" narrow when measured from top to bottom. The new gaskets are aluminum and made for square ports. My question is if I run these headers, is there a possibility of damaging the motor since exhaust flow won't be perfect? I know i could experience a loss of power but I'm more worried about potential damage. Thanks for info you can offer me! :dblthumb:

Might be a possibility of burning up a valve but id say it would be slim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e4cutler said:
Had an exhaust leak on the jeep so I pulled the headers to change out the gasket and found the port on the header was oval while the port on the motor was square. I measured the ports on both and the header port is 1/8" narrow than the motor port left to right and 1/16" narrow when measured from top to bottom. The new gaskets are aluminum and made for square ports. My question is if I run these headers, is there a possibility of damaging the motor since exhaust flow won't be perfect? I know i could experience a loss of power but I'm more worried about potential damage. Thanks for info you can offer me! :dblthumb:

This is the standard set up on every vehicle ever made with $150 headers, all of them, you're fine