• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1980 Suzuki lj80

7/8x7/8 heims it is. They'll be either FK or ruff stuff, depending on how much I can spend.
FK is $$.

Why 4130 ovr 4340?

I got someone who is willing to tig/heat treat the links, or I even considered finding someone to tap the links and don't do any bungs

Only problem is, I don't tig, so I thought about DOM with bungs, then I can grind off the bungs and weld new DOM on if need be.

Just trying to think ahead for Alaska.

Of course if I go heat treated/tigged chromo, shouldn't have to worry about replacing it

Any opinion on a 14" swayaway with ext res, 175 lb in 16" and 125 lb in 12" dual rate setup?

330 lb toyota motor, w56, toy duals, stretched 12" up front so probably pretty equal weight distribution, maybe 650lb at each front corner?

7/8x7/8 heims it is. They'll be either FK or ruff stuff, depending on how much I can spend.
FK is $$.

Why 4130 ovr 4340?

I got someone who is willing to tig/heat treat the links, or I even considered finding someone to tap the links and don't do any bungs

Only problem is, I don't tig, so I thought about DOM with bungs, then I can grind off the bungs and weld new DOM on if need be.

Just trying to think ahead for Alaska.

Of course if I go heat treated/tigged chromo, shouldn't have to worry about replacing it

Do 7/8ths 3/4 heims. More material surrounding the ball. Aluminum will work just fine, is easier on the pocketbook and wont rust.

Let me know when you are ready to pull the trigger on some hiems, Ill hook you up with Ruff Stuff gear. I also can get anything else through them that you may need. This looks like a fun project.

IMG_20130303_211628_zpsc238ad7f.jpg

IMG_20130303_211639_zpsbdbf8df0.jpg

IMG_20130303_211610_zpsf9aaa02c.jpg

Gotta put my new shackle hangers behind the frame.
20" belly, 4" rear stretch, gonna be doing a 12" stretch front

edit- In my hurry to get the shackles on, put them on wrong haha :fawkdancesmiley:

Last edited:
Looks good--one thing I'd also do, since you're changing shackle mounts anyway, is go to the same width bushing as the spring uses...looks better and will last way longer.:awesomework:

IMG_20130421_173520_zps9aa3c658.jpg

IMG_20130421_170515_zps5bc5a3f9.jpg

Lower link mounts than I'd like but I did a calculator and got my stuff set how I wanted and this is where it puts me. I'm planning on moving to AK so not too worried about it right now. Might end up having to run a 2x2 box skid frame anyways when I put dual yotas in it, and will make it close to flat belly.

y'all still coming up here this summer?

reading earlier posts concerning links, you'll be fine. the area that you will need to give attention to is rubber lines/hoses, plastics... these are problem areas once you see 40 and 50 below. there are a few places here that will do heavy duty lines pretty cheap. we'll point you in the right direction once here...

are you doing your block heaters ect before you come up?

IMG_20130424_191508_zps7d9de774.jpg

IMG_20130424_191516_zps970c1909.jpg

The pan hard mount will tie the SE ram mount/upper axle side mount into each other.

4.5" frame sep
9" axle sep
36.5" center to center lowers
35" upper

89% AS

Last edited:
Thanks, I didn't feel like fabbing at all, allergies has me beat down, 0 energy.

So I drank an energy drink and made myself get the upper link done LOL.

Thanks, I didn't feel like fabbing at all, allergies has me beat down, 0 energy.

So I drank an energy drink and made myself get the upper link done LOL.

Yeah, gotta look into them for the tacoma.. And remote start lol

I set my TJ up like this:

block heater, oil pan and tranny pan heaters (its an Auto trans), trickle charger instead of a battery heating pad, and a cabin heater.

my Silver TJ (current build) has auto start and will be set up like the green TJ