• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1980 toyota truggy build

i was running and still will be running 16 fox air shocks in the rear. LSO sold me a set of 14" swayaway air shocks for the front

So quick update, I got stuck working on this thing all by myself today. Its kind of nice honestly, cant wait to have a shop of my own.
I finished cleaning up what little frame i am going to keep, cleaned up all of the tubing and got the motor placed. Its just sitting on jack stands but is ready for us to build the tranny and motor mounts. Right now the motor is sitting 12 inches back from stock. might try to get a few more out if it. The bottom of the dana 300 is 1" above the frame rails, just enough room for me to fit my 3/4 UHMV skid plate under it. Looks like i will indeed have to get that custom header made or learn how to make one for myself. I must be doing something right becuase it looks like it is going to be tought to package everything i have to fit in the thing but i am excited to get it done.

IMG_20120108_164134.jpg

Last edited:
well had a chance to work on it again today. got the crossmember for the transmission/ transfercase build and the front of the frame cut off. Just a ruff cut for now until i get the front axle back under it and the link design figured out

IMG_20120317_170342.jpg

IMG_20120317_170332.jpg

and here is one of how it sits now. cant wait to get the front going
IMG_20120317_170411.jpg

also can i get some feed back on these numbers please.
Untitled.jpg

got the front links finalized today. once i get the front of the chassis done i will be able to build th panard bar and finish it up. too tired for a bunch of comentary so just pics tonights.
IMG_20120422_164639.jpg

IMG_20120422_164614.jpg

IMG_20120422_164601.jpg

well here is a quick update. This last summer has been super busy. I have got married and i was competing all over the country for wakesurfing. I did well though. took a third, two seconds and finished the season at Worlds(the biggest event in wakesurfing) with a first place finish. Just for fun here are a few surfing pics
556512_3058671126248_1137494574_n.jpg

483388_3058669446206_1049190832_n.jpg

Now that summer is officially over i have been back in the shop working on the rig. Links are finalized and i started on the frame. Next weekend i will be building the shock towers on the front and doing more tube work. Getting excited to get this thing done.
IMAG0083.jpg

worked hard this weekend and finalized the front suspension on Saturday. worked so late that i got a little cross eyed. Sunday i tried to start on the window bars Sunday and had an epic fail. realized that i my shock hoops were off so i will have to cut apart the driver side hoop and fix it and then i should be off and running again. But the bummer part is that i will be out of town for the next two weekends

someday i will get better about taking pictures as i work instead of just at the end of the day when i am cleaning up. so here is your only update pick

IMAG0085.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately it was parted/sold last yr IIRC......someone else put the chassis to use tho I think...