• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1990 F150 Wheeler

ChevyGuy

Chevyguy goin Ford? Eh still got more Chevys :kissmyass:

So, since my Jimmy is done for, got this 1990 F150 for $200, its got the Inline 6 with a 5 speed.

Needs:
Heater core
Fuel pump.

As soon as it runs:
Putting a rough country 6 inch lift
I got 35s ready to go on er
Headache rack with lights
HID headlights
Custom front bumper
Custom rock sliders
Gona paint racing stripes after I sand the rust spots
Putting my tool box on it
And probably some other things

Questions:
Am I going to need to get longer drive shafts with the 6 inch lift?
Do I have to change the gear ratio?
Is Rough Country a bad idea for lift?

Pics:
IMG_20111204_120152.jpg

IMG_20111204_120410.jpg

IMG_20111204_120346.jpg

I say beat that thing good and **** those antifullsize fags. With a 6" lift I would think you will need longer drive lines even more so for when on the trail and flexing. :corn:

That would tow a real wheeler decently....:rolleyes:

It's 4wd and he can drive it, that's real enough to wheel to me. Not everyone's scurred of dents Rus, I'm sure ChevyGuy knows better than to think he's not going to be smacking the doors and fenders into everything in sight.

Bob it, cut the fenders, stuff 35's under it. When ya destroy the front end, stuff a D44/9" combo under it.:awesomework:

Yes ill need a longer driveline for when im flexin er with the 6 inch.

I have wheeled my blazer through tight stuff without body damage, this pickup is about the same size, its not bad, at least its a single cab shorty.

I dont really wanna dent er up, shes pretty straight, Ill know her limits on where she can go.

UPDATE:
Probably going with the Pro comp stage 2 6 inch lift since I can get a discount from 4wd parts warehouse. :cool:

Destroy that thing it'll take one more Ford off the road :stirpot: :D

Oh ya you are stripped of your title chevyguy,
Cuz if you were a "Chevy" guy there's no way a Ford would end up in driveway :fawkdancesmiley:

Destroy that thing it'll take one more Ford off the road :stirpot: :D

Oh ya you are stripped of your title chevyguy,
Cuz if you were a "Chevy" guy there's no way a Ford would end up in driveway :fawkdancesmiley:

Yea yea yea, I bought a 5.0 a year ago too :fawkdancesmiley:

Being a Ford id love to destroy it, BUT its the only working 4x4, and I got some sweet plans for it, not gona be a serious wheeler like some of yalls rigs but she'll be fun.

And all because its a full size doesnt mean its gona get wrecked, ive wheeled nothin but full sizes my whole short life :redneck:

That inline 6, even though torquey---will not like turning 35's with stock gearing---which is likely 3.54's for that yr... YES, you will be regearing it too...yes, you will need longer drivelines....YES, you'll be ridiculed for wheelin' a FS...but who cares....you're out there having fun. That's what matters....:cool:

That inline 6, even though torquey---will not like turning 35's with stock gearing---which is likely 3.54's for that yr... YES, you will be regearing it too...yes, you will need longer drivelines....YES, you'll be ridiculed for wheelin' a FS...but who cares....you're out there having fun. That's what matters....:cool:

So if I gear it to 4.10 will that be okay?

So if I gear it to 4.10 will that be okay?
Ok, yes....The rig started out on 235's (28ish") likely, so going to 35's will more likely need 4:56's or 4:88's, possibly 5:13's to bring the power back to a stockish feel...You can look on the axle cover bolts for a tag--this will give the ratio if it's still there and stock.......

Why not fix the issues and sell it for something with a lift already. buying that stuff new is more expensive than spending a little more on a rig already with it. You wont like the ttb for wheeling and shouldnt put too much money into those axles when you know you will want a solid d44 or 60 front soon and a dana 60 or 14bolt rear soon too. you also wont be happy with the I6 when you are used to a small block. I say fix it, sell for a profit(nice used bench seat would clean it up alot) and buy something lifted. there are alot on c/l lifted right now. Even blazers. There is a really clean red one of these on c/l lifted on 35s right now for 1500 I think. just some food for though man. :awesomework: if you were just gonna beat it(which it sounds like you werent) I would just sawzall the fenders to fit the 35s and go now. hahahaha

I thought you Ravensdale boys just used wood blocks for lift kits.:stirpot:

I think I know where you're talking about putting racing stripes. My Ford has rust stripes on the hood at the creases. Just cut those sections out, and run your exhaust pipes up through there.

I thought you Ravensdale boys just used wood blocks for lift kits.:stirpot:

I think I know where you're talking about putting racing stripes. My Ford has rust stripes on the hood at the creases. Just cut those sections out, and run your exhaust pipes up through there.

Nah we use hockey pucks :redneck:

Thatd be even better :haha:

Why not fix the issues and sell it for something with a lift already. buying that stuff new is more expensive than spending a little more on a rig already with it. You wont like the ttb for wheeling and shouldnt put too much money into those axles when you know you will want a solid d44 or 60 front soon and a dana 60 or 14bolt rear soon too. you also wont be happy with the I6 when you are used to a small block. I say fix it, sell for a profit(nice used bench seat would clean it up alot) and buy something lifted. there are alot on c/l lifted right now. Even blazers. There is a really clean red one of these on c/l lifted on 35s right now for 1500 I think. just some food for though man. :awesomework: if you were just gonna beat it(which it sounds like you werent) I would just sawzall the fenders to fit the 35s and go now. hahahaha

Ive actually thought about that, Im diggin the I6 and im not, I love the v8 power but the I6 is a great motor, yes them axles on er suck, and i realize that locking it will be pretty expensive, same with gearing it. Ill talk it over with my dad.

TTB with a little work ain't that bad for wheeling, and if 8.8's suck all the Heep guys wouldn't be swapping them into rigs constantly. Axle swapping on these trucks isn't terribly difficult anyway.

I say build what you got instead of going for something that's already been lifted and beat on, you know what problems you have in this truck, why throw that away for something that probably has more? You can buy and sell **** over and over chasing the perfect internet build or you can build what you have and go wheeling, who gives a **** about clean if you're going to wheel it anyway, especially in a fullsize?

TTB with a little work ain't that bad for wheeling, and if 8.8's suck all the Heep guys wouldn't be swapping them into rigs constantly. Axle swapping on these trucks isn't terribly difficult anyway.

I say build what you got instead of going for something that's already been lifted and beat on, you know what problems you have in this truck, why throw that away for something that probably has more? You can buy and sell **** over and over chasing the perfect internet build or you can build what you have and go wheeling, who gives a **** about clean if you're going to wheel it anyway, especially in a fullsize?

Yeah im probably going to keep it, I mean, a buncha people I know throw huge tires on little v6 motors and what not.

I like this truck even though its a Ford, and I wanna go through with my own little ideas.

Love it and the plans ...

If you are going to daily drive it, regearing is needed. For wheeling, with the 5spd and 4lo.... I wouldn't change **** until you try it and see how you like it ....

The ttb isn't bad if it all is in good shape .... But if something is bad, then it all goes bad in a hurry ...

**** the 6" lift ... Get a 4" and nip the corners of the fenders and you will be happier

I have owned 1 Rough Country lift .... Never again. I have never been in a coil sprung Ford that rode so bad in my life...I guess just living up to the name.

I was very happy with my Ford Tuff Country lift ... And my Ford Cage Off Road products, and the Duff stuff was pretty good as well

I would love to find a clean Bronco with an injected 300/6, 5spd, add a 2.5" lift, some 35's, winch, weld the rear, and take the family on some adventures ...

So I do not wanna let this truck sit any longer, how do I tell witch fuel pump goes went out?

Cause I know theres 1 in the tank and I think 1 at the top?