• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1993 Ford f-350 tranny questions..

Dubshot

I bought this truck awhile back to tow my 4runner.. recently I have noticed that it has been shifting inconsistantly.. I have to let off the gas to get it to shift to second. It also sometimes shifts and the rpm's are so low theres no power.. I am doing some searching right now just seeing if anybody has any output.. Its a 4x4 and an automatic..

E4od.

I bought this truck awhile back to tow my 4runner.. recently I have noticed that it has been shifting inconsistantly.. I have to let off the gas to get it to shift to second. It also sometimes shifts and the rpm's are so low theres no power.. I am doing some searching right now just seeing if anybody has any output.. Its a 4x4 and an automatic..

Gas eng ?

3 or 4sp tranny ?

Anyhoo, Stab in the Dark going to say thats its a 460 gas eng, with a E40D puker

And whats causing the problem is a Throttle position sensor, or Vehicle Speed sensor,

Gas eng ?

3 or 4sp tranny ?

Anyhoo, Stab in the Dark going to say thats its a 460 gas eng, with a E40D puker

And whats causing the problem is a Throttle position sensor, or Vehicle Speed sensor,

Yeah I think you got the tranny right and 460 for sure..

Typically,

Yeah I think you got the tranny right and 460 for sure..

Well check the basics, fluid level , condition, but typically these eratic symptoms are caused by a malfunctioning input, ie Tps, VSS,

OR

It just dont like hauling Jap crap around ????

Well I know it enjoys towing a reliable truck around.. It all actually started on moving a ranger for a buddy.. Maybe it felt disrespected or something or slapped in the mouth :flipoff:

Latest posts