• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1995 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke Auto.

hwcurtice

The good? The truck is almost virgin. Only mod I can see is a K&N air filter.

The bad? It was used to pull a 5th wheel at some time, but don't know what size. Truck has 193K.

So fire away.

The good? The truck is almost virgin. Only mod I can see is a K&N air filter.

The bad? It was used to pull a 5th wheel at some time, but don't know what size. Truck has 193K.

So fire away.

Is there a question in there somewhere :eeek:

At almost 200k you could be looking at injectors soon. Be sure to check the fuel filter, if it is black with oil then your injectors are leaking and it will be hard to start when cold and smokey. Ask when the glowplugs were last changed and what brand was used. If they have not been replaces then you will be doing that too soon along with the VCs and harness. Check turbo also, if its been used as a tow rig it has got HOT for extended time. I know cause I own a 95 also. With my gooseneck in tow it will peg EGT at 1250 all the way over the pass. 6.0 intercooler mod is the best way to solve this. I have a 3" DP and napa 6637 filter on mine and it did nothing for temps.

Rust can be a big deal on these trucks too so check everywhere!

Mine has 225k on the clock and needs everything I just listed but it still runs good. Im working on fixing it up now... maybe keep it, maybe sell it... not sure.

Of course its a 4x4....

Question is mostly what people's experience is with them.

Maverick26 answered most of the questions and asked a few as well.

I don't have pictures. I'm trying to find a good used full size diesel truck that won't kill me.

The questions Maverick26 asked, I'm not sure the place has the answers to as they got it from an auction. But I can always ask...

well from my past experience, they are great rigs.... i have driven a 97 and a 99 f-350 crewcab and was pleased with the performance and handling of them since they both sat on 35's. only thing that i was not thrilled with was the length... they are a bitch to turn around in small places

Both Kevin and I have had the trannies rebuilt on our '97s. I would be really surprised if yours has not had this done already at that mileage. Other than that, I love mine. The tranny was done before I bought the truck.

I drove the **** out of them in Ambalamps. Good motor, decent power, lasts about 350k without any issues, and those older Fords have decent interiors. But it's no Cummins! :redneck:

the most important thing in the life of a PSD is clean fresh oil...
im amazed almost every day by the issues that get towed in due to lack of basic maintenance...

Love mine Harold, as Jim said, the trans is another money item, but at 193K chances are it's been done...find out if you can... Also, as t1h5ta3 said, clean oil is key to long life... As Mav has stated, check or find out the history of the item he mentioned...The EGT temps however, I have never seen mine over 1K, and she pulls good...