• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1995 Ford PSD?

Maverick26

As iron sharpens iron...
Ok so I am a little new to this truck only having it for about 5 months. Since I got it I have had to put a new radiator in it, I changed the oil, did a little rust prevension and all the GPs and GPR. Im putting a goose neck hitch in this weekend. I love the truck but it makes a shuttering noise and feeling when it first fires up cold or hot, more when its cold, and when I shut it off it shutters the truck before complete shut off. The other day I was sitting in a parking lot with it running and I just tapped the gas in N and as the RPMs came down to idle it made a fast clunk/shutter noise. Sounds like its coming from the trany clutch area. Im not sure cause I need 2 people, one under the truck and one inside to tap the gas. I have been told it could be a cracked flywheel but I wanted to find out for sure before I started ripping parts off my rig. NWW what do you got?

not true 95 is a psd, mid 94 the first powerstrokes came out but were only five speeds:fawkdancesmiley: mine is a 95 as well and it says powrtstroke on the fender and on the plastic motor cover thing. oh and my truck does the clunk shutter thing to but i noticed when i push the clutch in it doesnt do it

95's are PSDs! Sounds like you have the stock flywheel. It is a piece of crap dual mass contraption. Replace it and the clutch with a LUK single mass (regular) flywheel. You will have a real clutch, easier pedal effort and all around better set up.

www.thedieselstop.com has all the info you need. And Tymar Performance is your one stop shop and best resource for information. Dale Isley is the man!

My clutch got diesel on it from a cheap fuel filter that leaked and it developed clutch chatter. It did the same thing that you describe. Drove it for 3 years before I bought a South Bend. Clutch was toast when I pulled it. The dual mass flywheel weighs a ton and a half stupid design single mass is the way to go.

Sorry dude.. you are wrong. 1994 was the split.

Everyone else, thanks. I thing its the flywheel too. I will start saving up for a replacement. :awesomework:

Yup...94.5 were the first PSD's...And I'd get it replaced asap, before the shudder/vibration cracks the bell housing...been there seen that!!! (It is fixable, but a PITA...)