• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1st I noticed Patoyee and now rednecklights did it too... when will it end?!

AW10

I don't know about everyone else but there are a few people who post on here more than others ( you know who you are ) and after being on this forum long enough I don't have to read the name of who posted because I can see their profile pic. When I see one I don't know ill glance and read the name and if they post up enough ill eventually remember who the pic belongs to. I like being able to read and notice the picture in my peripheral vision and recognize who im reading without actually having to look. So one day after seeing a guy standing beside his blue and silver ride post a lot I look up and notice its Patoyee and It kinda blew my mind.... I was so used to seeing the QR code. Its like someone you know walking in with a different face. I had to go back and reread everything he said... Not that I don't value everyones opinion on here but Ive noticed I usually trust the regular guys opinion over the people who don't post as much. I guess its like you value your close friends opinion over someone you don't know very well. If John, TBItoy, TacomaJD ( the list goes on ) change their pic I might have a seizure. drool

Does this mess with anyone else or is it just me?

Re:

That's kinda an ignorant post. Just because I don't post all of the time, you believe my thoughts are invalid? I read way more than I post and that's on any forum I'm on. Not everything in my opinion warrants a responce.

rednecklights said:
I was curious how many folks noticed the new avatar. The first text I received was BugEJ asking wtf is your new profile picture , I was terribly disappointed.

There was a couple times I had to re-type responses because someone changed pictures on me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no clue what your profile pic is either. ???

There was another forum that I was on where I stole someone's avatar. It was actually funny as hell. Then it spread. Things sure got confusing.

rednecklights said:
I was curious how many folks noticed the new avatar. The first text I received was BugEJ asking wtf is your new profile picture , I was terribly disappointed.

There was a couple times I had to re-type responses because someone changed pictures on me lol

I like yours...rock on

I like being able to read and notice the picture in my peripheral vision and recognize who im reading without actually having to look

On behalf of allllll of hardline I apologize that your are inconvenienced :flipgotcha:

rednecklights said:

I'm digging the avatar. I can talk dead all day brother :drinkers:

Farwell for the " Core Four " July in Chicago.

Re:

Mortalis5509 said:
That's kinda an ignorant post. Just because I don't post all of the time, you believe my thoughts are invalid? I read way more than I post and that's on any forum I'm on. Not everything in my opinion warrants a responce.
Aww man I hate you got your feelins hurt by someone's thread that is in no way involving you! :gtfo: ::)

Haha, I knew I would throw some folks off and rednecklights threw me off, too. (Although I am old enough to know what his Avatar is.) I only changed because I didn't think people were actually using the QR code and I was about to go to GR. I was hoping people would recognize me and say hi. I'll leave it as it is for a while now though. :)

Re:

Mortalis5509 said:

For what its worth I value everyone's opinions / tech equally unless I personally know you and know you are knowledgeable above and beyond most. I always read, learn, and make my own evaluations anyway. I rarely just take what someone says and consider it written in stone. I often take everyone's tech, combine it, even the stuff I think is wrong, and try to find out why what I think is wrong could seem logical to someone else. There was a lot of that in my old job at the Ford dealership. A lot of translating what the customer said to try and figure out what they meant from a technical angle. I don't know if its just because you are a Dawgs fan like me, but I have found the posts that you do make to be very helpful / knowledgeable.

I'm not always right, I try to point out that people should take what I say and evaluate it with what everyone else says just like I do. The melting pot of ideas is the single greatest thing about the internet. If one does not treating it as a melting pot they are missing the best part.

Re:

Mortalis5509 said:
Used way to many big words for me to follow. So my answer to that is .. YES

Re:

Mortalis5509 said:

Equally dumbass to this is believing or putting much stock in what a poster has to say just because he has 10,000 posts, there's been a few postwhores that probably don't even know how to change their own ****ing motor-oil, or would need to start a new thread on it first

Maybe I should have said I pay more attention to people I "know" over someone else. Not that I don't believe them or anything but once you read someone enough and generally agree with what they say or see them always giving advice that turns out to be correct you stop wondering if they are correct and just believe they are. Like if I have a Toyota question I would feel just as conformable sending tbitoy a message and believing what he said as I would making a post. Some people have just gained my trust but that's NOT saying I think everyone else is wrong or I don't believe them. Similar to a Dr. You've been seeing for years and think they are a good doc so you stop getting on the net and seeing if they are correct and you just start believing them.

All this post was about was people I'm familiar with changing their pic and messing me up for a split second until I learn their new pic. Should have let the rest of it out I guess...

AW10 said:
Maybe I should have said I pay more attention to people I "know" over someone else. Not that I don't believe them or anything but once you read someone enough and generally agree with what they say or see them always giving advice that turns out to be correct you stop wondering if they are correct and just believe they are. Like if I have a Toyota question I would feel just as conformable sending tbitoy a message and believing what he said as I would making a post. Some people have just gained my trust but that's NOT saying I think everyone else is wrong or I don't believe them. Similar to a Dr. You've been seeing for years and think they are a good doc so you stop getting on the net and seeing if they are correct and you just start believing them.

All this post was about was people I'm familiar with changing their pic and messing me up for a split second until I learn their new pic. Should have let the rest of it out I guess...

I completely understood your question but some people are just ****ing idiots and ruin a good thread.