• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I am moving to Tennessee

Lil ugly

So I am working on moving to Eastern Tennessee, (fair warning to all those that live there). Mostly because Florida has had so many people move in from out of state that the Governor has been forced to export Floridians. Really I have just grown tired of every wheeling trip being more about my travel to and from than the wheeling. I am looking for property around the Maryville, Sweetwater, to Dandridge area. (I know that covers a bit of terrritory) Any suggestions, warnings on locattions?

I currently have a small house (1100sf) and decent sized shop (2400sf). I would like to have a bigger shop and be out of town a bit. I am a licensed contractor so something that needs to be remodeled is ok, if it has decent bones and space for a 40x80 shop.

If you're not against going a little farther east the Tri-Cities (Johnson City, Kingsport, Bristol) area is pretty nice, has some beautiful country, and is within a couple hours to both Harlan and Windrock. I live in Johnson City and work in Kingsport. There's a good bit of industry here. And property costs will likely be a bit lower (though Johnson City is a hot area right now)

appreciate the response. I have been trying to keep as close to the Parks as possible. Atleast since it is one of the big motivators for moving.

appreciate the response. I have been trying to keep as close to the Parks as possible. Atleast since it is one of the big motivators for moving.
You're welcome. It's a pretty good location as far as wheeling is concerned. Nothing super close, but a bunch of places within a few hours drive. If you're ever up this way and interested in looking around the area just give me a yell.

Very cool on the move. Any particular reason for East Tennessee vs middle Tennessee?

Since you currently reside in Florida, are you a Gators fan? If so, may wanna stay away from the greater Knoxville areas :rolf:

Lenoir City is nice. We drive through there on our way to the mountains even though it takes longer than staying on the interstate. It has a beautiful lake area. It is around 2.5 hours from Harlan and 45 minutes from Windrock.

Very cool on the move. Any particular reason for East Tennessee vs middle Tennessee?

Since you currently reside in Florida, are you a Gators fan? If so, may wanna stay away from the greater Knoxville areas :rolf:
I was looking at distance to parks, cost of property, and job opportunities. Also there are grandparents in Greeneville, SC. Seemed like I was able to check the most boxes in Eastern Tennessee.

As for Football, I dont tend to spend much time watching and usually if we do its pro Ball. Admittedly I am a gator fan but you would be hard pressed to figure that out unless I tell you.

I was looking at distance to parks, cost of property, and job opportunities. Also there are grandparents in Greeneville, SC. Seemed like I was able to check the most boxes in Eastern Tennessee.

As for Football, I dont tend to spend much time watching and usually if we do its pro Ball. Admittedly I am a gator fan but you would be hard pressed to figure that out unless I tell you.
Understandable all around their location wise and makes sense.

Good deal on fooseball teams too.

My uncle and his wife as well as my grandmother moved to Maryville from tampa a few years back. They had all been there many decades but wanted to get away.

He is now a realtor up that way and I'm sure he'd be happy to help. I haven't visited them much since they moved over there so I don't have any recommendations on specific areas. I do know it's beautiful over there (we are Murfreesboro/middle Tennessee and it's the state's armpit geographically)

Best of luck on the move!

if you're wanting to be closish to a **** ton of parks come a little further south and the chattanooga area is a good place (not in chatt that's no good). i live in cleveland tn and here's the break down of my driveway to parks gates:

aop 1hr 18 min
windrock 1hr 45min
harlan 3hr 45min
Hawk pride 3hr 45min
choco 2hr 30min
morris mtn 2hr 50min
coalmont ohv 1 hr 45min.

Cleveland is big enough to have what you need but not big enough to be a pain in the ass. Chattanooga is nice if you stay in the touristy area. It's in Hamilton county and the property taxes as well as city taxes are quite a bit more than Cleveland/Bradley county area. Sweetwater is just a bit north of us. and if you come to this area i can get you in contact with my realtor who is an absolute beast when it comes to getting **** done buying a house.

Im in Lenoir City. The Lenoir City, Friendsville, Maryville area is nice but growing fast. Close to Knoxville if anything major is needed. 1 hour to Windrock and all of the state property (literally the wheeling mecca of the southeast), 2 hours to aop, 2.5 hours to harlan, chocco was 3.5 I think. Its basically impossible for me to drive farther than three hours to go ride though with everything available at windrock and state property. BTW... Blount County is God's Country lol

Im in Lenoir City. The Lenoir City, Friendsville, Maryville area is nice but growing fast. Close to Knoxville if anything major is needed. 1 hour to Windrock and all of the state property (literally the wheeling mecca of the southeast), 2 hours to aop, 2.5 hours to harlan, chocco was 3.5 I think. Its basically impossible for me to drive farther than three hours to go ride though with everything available at windrock and state property. BTW... Blount County is God's Country lol

off road mecca if you're a rzr maybe.

My uncle and his wife as well as my grandmother moved to Maryville from tampa a few years back. They had all been there many decades but wanted to get away.

He is now a realtor up that way and I'm sure he'd be happy to help. I haven't visited them much since they moved over there so I don't have any recommendations on specific areas. I do know it's beautiful over there (we are Murfreesboro/middle Tennessee and it's the state's armpit geographically)

Best of luck on the move!
If you could PM me his information I would appreciate it. Planning a trip over the 4th of July weekend up there to meet with a Realtor and check out the area a little more closely.

if you're wanting to be closish to a **** ton of parks come a little further south and the chattanooga area is a good place (not in chatt that's no good). i live in cleveland tn and here's the break down of my driveway to parks gates:

aop 1hr 18 min
windrock 1hr 45min
harlan 3hr 45min
Hawk pride 3hr 45min
choco 2hr 30min
morris mtn 2hr 50min
coalmont ohv 1 hr 45min.

Cleveland is big enough to have what you need but not big enough to be a pain in the ass. Chattanooga is nice if you stay in the touristy area. It's in Hamilton county and the property taxes as well as city taxes are quite a bit more than Cleveland/Bradley county area. Sweetwater is just a bit north of us. and if you come to this area i can get you in contact with my realtor who is an absolute beast when it comes to getting **** done buying a house.
That is right there is why I am moving. From my current driveway most of those times are 10 to 12 hours. Appreciate the information.

I live in Lafollette Tennessee. Look in this area. Windrock, Royal Blue and Brimstone plus... are within 30 minutes. Plus the towns are at and sxs legal

1. What type of contractor are you, and are you planning to stay with that line of work?

2. How far do you wanna drive for milk and bread, then how far do you wanna drive for actual weekly groceries, work supplies and so on.

3. How close do you want your nearest neighbor and how much do you want police or municipal services to do anything for you?
4. What is your tolerance for daily traffic congestion, and for things being closed by 9pm, or rather how much do you desire an open 24/7 pace?

5. Are you churchy or anti churchy?

Theres gonna be a big culture shock for much of florida, in much of tennessee. These questions kinda help find a better fit.