• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I am moving to Tennessee

Oh and which is more important.. being close to windrock or close to greeneville SC?

You gotta run some pretty good mountains to get from Etn to SC almost any way you go. Are you wanting to stay a flatlander or wanting to become a mountain man?

If youre into growing anything the mountain soils are pretty thin and rocky. The lowlands have all the topsoil washed in from the hills and are much more fertile.

1. What type of contractor are you, and are you planning to stay with that line of work?

2. How far do you wanna drive for milk and bread, then how far do you wanna drive for actual weekly groceries, work supplies and so on.

3. How close do you want your nearest neighbor and how much do you want police or municipal services to do anything for you?
4. What is your tolerance for daily traffic congestion, and for things being closed by 9pm, or rather how much do you desire an open 24/7 pace?

5. Are you churchy or anti churchy?

Theres gonna be a big culture shock for much of florida, in much of tennessee. These questions kinda help find a better fit.
I am a general contractor with experience in remodeling homes and heavy civil construction. I have been out of the industry for awhile though and will probably try to remain so but sometimes needs overcome desires. I also hold my pest control license and may decide to utilize that again.

I am willing to drive a bit 20 to 40 minutes for groceries especially for the right property.

My nearest neighbor is a good friend and is too close at 200ft. I dont recommend entering my property unannounced as I own a plethora of digging tools.

I am moving because traffic has gone beyond my tolerance for daily bs. I dont leave the house after 7 most days, I do like things to open early so I can avoid crowds.

Oh and which is more important.. being close to windrock or close to greeneville SC?

You gotta run some pretty good mountains to get from Etn to SC almost any way you go. Are you wanting to stay a flatlander or wanting to become a mountain man?

If youre into growing anything the mountain soils are pretty thin and rocky. The lowlands have all the topsoil washed in from the hills and are much more fertile.
Windrock is precedent, I am not going to go thru all this effort to still have to drive 3 hours to the closest park.

I am going to come up the 4th of july weekend to meet with a realtor and do some more exploring. Since I usually just drive to Windrock and limited trips to town for parts or food when i am there. Will try to check out as much as possible to get a feel for what is what.

I am a general contractor with experience in remodeling homes and heavy civil construction. I have been out of the industry for awhile though and will probably try to remain so but sometimes needs overcome desires. I also hold my pest control license and may decide to utilize that again.

I am willing to drive a bit 20 to 40 minutes for groceries especially for the right property.

My nearest neighbor is a good friend and is too close at 200ft. I dont recommend entering my property unannounced as I own a plethora of digging tools.

I am moving because traffic has gone beyond my tolerance for daily bs. I dont leave the house after 7 most days, I do like things to open early so I can avoid crowds.

Man i'm telling you check out he Chatt area. There is a shortage of contractors here and it's getting worse and worse. f you dont want to be in the city (which i dont recommend) there's good suburbs like Cleveland, Ooltewah, or Soddy Daisy. Ooltewah is building up fast though. If you want to keep going a little further out Dayton, Dunlap, Athens/Sweetwater are good choices but you start getting away from the better hospitals and stuff.

Man i'm telling you check out he Chatt area. There is a shortage of contractors here and it's getting worse and worse. f you dont want to be in the city (which i dont recommend) there's good suburbs like Cleveland, Ooltewah, or Soddy Daisy. Ooltewah is building up fast though. If you want to keep going a little further out Dayton, Dunlap, Athens/Sweetwater are good choices but you start getting away from the better hospitals and stuff.
I will keep that in mind. seems like there is alot options eastern Tennessee for sure.

Basically the state is flooding with refugees from high tax states. No place that you move is going to stay the same. If its 1 lane roads and loosely suburban now itll be crammed full of assholes in 10 years, like maryville. So look for presently no where and basically nothing in it. In 10 yrs there will be a DG within a few miles and inflation will make you rich. 2012 i bought for 44k. 2022 it hit 130k.

Say you move to wartburg or harriman or la follete, windrock is your back yard. Right now theres nothing in them towns and you might be commuting 45 minutes to clientele in the outskirts of western knoxville for work (which has become a 1 lane parking lot of unexpandable suburbs due to overpopulation.. the residents cant get out of their driveways 2x a day) ... in time the jobs will come closer and closer to you because you chose millinowhere and suburban creep is gonna cause new transplants and their 401ks to come moving in near you. I live in a methville poverty hollar. My best client is in a 3million dollar place 20 mins away that was just a timber tract 10 yrs ago.

Buy all the small parcels you possibly can in the next bubble pop when prices are down and wall street suicides are up. Theyll reinflate it all over within 10 yrs and youll be banking.

Elevation dictates summer temps. The lower you are the hotter itll be. At 2k ft youll rarely see 95 for just a short stretch during the dog days. The river valley has a lot more atlanta hot right thru the nights. Foothills are cooler. If you wanna be at windrock quick stay on the west side of knoxville. Spring city or oak ridge will be "town." Knoxville turns to a parking lot all the time and can be 2 hours across. Greater knoxville is the area where people will run you over to get 1 spot ahead and wont acknowledge that your screaming at their closed window at the light because youve got a car full of kids they pretended didnt exist as the guardrail approached.

In the country you rarely have that level of yankeeism. If you yourself need to swear and honk and flip people off, stay in the city. We dont need that trash out in the hollar.

County lines are where the outlaws rule and the law is just for show. You gotta know ALL your neighbors to keep your stuff. Meth and theft are absolutely rampant. Bad neighborhoods are serene in the day and wild at night so dont be fooled. Roadside zombies are a clear sign youre on the wrong road. The further from the justice center, the more frequent those roads are.

Basically the state is flooding with refugees from high tax states. No place that you move is going to stay the same. If its 1 lane roads and loosely suburban now itll be crammed full of assholes in 10 years, like maryville. So look for presently no where and basically nothing in it. In 10 yrs there will be a DG within a few miles and inflation will make you rich. 2012 i bought for 44k. 2022 it hit 130k.

Say you move to wartburg or harriman or la follete, windrock is your back yard. Right now theres nothing in them towns and you might be commuting 45 minutes to clientele in the outskirts of western knoxville for work (which has become a 1 lane parking lot of unexpandable suburbs due to overpopulation.. the residents cant get out of their driveways 2x a day) ... in time the jobs will come closer and closer to you because you chose millinowhere and suburban creep is gonna cause new transplants and their 401ks to come moving in near you. I live in a methville poverty hollar. My best client is in a 3million dollar place 20 mins away that was just a timber tract 10 yrs ago.

Buy all the small parcels you possibly can in the next bubble pop when prices are down and wall street suicides are up. Theyll reinflate it all over within 10 yrs and youll be banking.

Elevation dictates summer temps. The lower you are the hotter itll be. At 2k ft youll rarely see 95 for just a short stretch during the dog days. The river valley has a lot more atlanta hot right thru the nights. Foothills are cooler. If you wanna be at windrock quick stay on the west side of knoxville. Spring city or oak ridge will be "town." Knoxville turns to a parking lot all the time and can be 2 hours across. Greater knoxville is the area where people will run you over to get 1 spot ahead and wont acknowledge that your screaming at their closed window at the light because youve got a car full of kids they pretended didnt exist as the guardrail approached.

In the country you rarely have that level of yankeeism. If you yourself need to swear and honk and flip people off, stay in the city. We dont need that trash out in the hollar.

County lines are where the outlaws rule and the law is just for show. You gotta know ALL your neighbors to keep your stuff. Meth and theft are absolutely rampant. Bad neighborhoods are serene in the day and wild at night so dont be fooled. Roadside zombies are a clear sign youre on the wrong road. The further from the justice center, the more frequent those

County lines are where the outlaws rule and the law is just for show. You gotta know ALL your neighbors to keep your stuff. Meth and theft are absolutely rampant. Bad neighborhoods are serene in the day and wild at night so dont be fooled. Roadside zombies are a clear sign youre on the wrong road. The further from the justice center, the more frequent those roads are.
Wow!
Unfortunately this is true. Pretty much this is east Tn and anywhere that used to be reasonable to live is grossly thriving by Yankees / Californians or it is over ridden with drugs as in any small town USA anymore. I grew up In Lenoir City in the late 80s early 90's and WTF happened!!!! I live in Louisville now which is very close to West Knoxville and Maryville and all the properties around here are higher than Eagle *****! Yes, it is an absolute beautiful area to live in. Lots of beautiful lakes, roads, and off-roading within one hour of driving. But **** is 100x busier than ever since Covid. I am within less than 1 to 3 1/2 hours of pretty much any good park you want to be at.
My recommendation is definitely look either north or south of Knoxville to find something semi reasonable. Even out towards Crossville. Or Cookeville area isn't terrible by any means either. But they do seem to get a lot more harsh weather than Knoxville area.

Last edited:
I hope your move goes smoothly. I've been looking at central Florida, but everyone else has deeper pockets than I. Not crazy about the 20 feet between you and your neighbor either.

While I really enjoy my time in TN and think it's absolutely gorgeous I'd never get my wife to move there.

@Lil ugly whats the latest on this?
It is getting closer. We went up over the 4th and checked out some properties. found one we really liked but were not able to put an offer in on it soon enough. Going to try and get up there again first weekend of august. While I have sold my business here in Florida, the closing has been delayed by several weeks which is slowing me down. Such is life. Really ended up liking the Kodak area and the area around Maryville.

It is getting closer. We went up over the 4th and checked out some properties. found one we really liked but were not able to put an offer in on it soon enough. Going to try and get up there again first weekend of august. While I have sold my business here in Florida, the closing has been delayed by several weeks which is slowing me down. Such is life. Really ended up liking the Kodak area and the area around Maryville.
:dblthumb:

yall got me craving pals

2.2 miles from home. Lol

IMG_1281.png

Double D Farms?? Them cows got some big titties???
Haha! I've not seen any Double Ds over there, but if there was I probably wouldn't want to see them. It's not much of a farm, more of a run down junk pile. Luckily you can't really see the place from where we're at. Our driveway is 1400' long and there's 180' difference in elevation from the road to our house.